Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Questions about my "custom" chip

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions about my "custom" chip
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I send my chip to Byron, have the old "program" erased and have just the rev limiter removed?
Since someone stole my RPM Extender, I am having to short shift my car in 1st and 2nd gear and need the factory rev limiter removed (since I already have the chip, it will be cheaper to have my chip reburned than buying another RPM Extender)
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Byron so I can see if this can be done?

Thanks
Brian

Thanks
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure about having it reburned, but you can get his email adress at www.racesystems.com
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd consider the factory rev limiter good old fashioned shortblock/valvetrain/oil pump insurance.

but wtf do I know, I know pulling fuel at 6250 is probably the worst thing in the world, so maybe get an MSD and set it's limiter to 6100/6200.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just email byron@racesystems.com and he'll reprogram it for you. If you want to get fancy, do a dyno the LX with a wide band and send him the graph. It won't cost you any extra for him to "correct" your air fuel ratio via the chip.
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe,
I already have the MSD 6AL and had a 7000 pill installed in it. It worked fine w/the RPM Extender set at 8000 rpm
My bottom end is more than capable of 7000-7500 rpm, so I am not concerned with revving the piss out of it

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Just email <a href="mailto:byron@racesystems.com" target="_blank">byron@racesystems.com</a> and he'll reprogram it for you. If you want to get fancy, do a dyno the LX with a wide band and send him the graph. It won't cost you any extra for him to "correct" your air fuel ratio via the chip.

Sawson,
I would really like to have Byron dyno tune my car. But now that I am in Redding it is a long trip to drive down to Apex Motorsports for that to happen

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian, I know what your saying..... but what I'm saying is dyno your car where ever has a wide band. Send a copy of the HP vs RPM and Air fuel vs RPM to Byron along with the chip. He's tuned so many 5.O's, he can just look at your graph and pretty much nail your tune.... and knock out your revlimiter [Smile] The whole shabang, reburn and dyno pull(at what ever shop) should cost you under $150... not a bad deal.
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey im moving to redding this week, we should get together sometime, im going to school at Simpson college, are you familiar with it???

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com