Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my turn signl/back up light/air bag thingy fuse keeps poping

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my turn signl/back up light/air bag thingy fuse keeps poping
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
number 15 fuse keeps poping...no idea why any ideas? suggestions please

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any problem with any of those systems? does it pop immediatley, or take a while? I would put a new fuse in it, let it sit, and see if it pops, if it doesnt, then start turning on any other circuits( lights,etc) one at a time, until the fuse blows. then you can narrow your problem down to a specific circuit, like the backup lights, or airbag,etc

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea it takes a while so im not sure

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you give us some more info???? [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

ok well i change the fuse and it works for about a day then pops in the middle of know where when i start my car i have changed it like 3 times and cant figure it out

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
then you more then likely have a wire thet is shorting to ground, or loose in harness and causes a short when vibrated and or moved. More info need on when it happens ?? With car in motion or when it sit's in drive way ?? 15 amp fuses in car's are not the biggest of circuts. Could also be a bar wire pulling too much juice and popping the limit of the fuse??? The description is too vague to determine. where dose car live ...Near coast?? ...Salt air dose hella damage to cars and Electronics/wires and stuff.

Keep looking and determining???

./Matt

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

its near the ocean yes right next to in fact and it pops when its sitting i just come back start my car and the fuse is poped i dont know of any bare wire or anything it just started happening one day

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It pops when its sitting doing nothing.....Not likley. More like when you start it. Then there would be a ground short to a device that is on in car or Impeadience in the wire that are in this circut. For what circuts is this fuse for?? Radio , Lights , A/C....what ever they are make sure they are off. Replace when the fuse and Don't start the car.. If it pops still then some thing is (+ charged) wire crossing the load out before the fuse.

If nothing, then start car. If it pops then you will most likley have an Impeadence build up in wire's and/or terminals.

If nothing thhen turn on devices or make them activate. If it blow's then its a short.

LOL....../Matt

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

it runs the turn signals airbag back up lamps drl model illuminated entry actuator heated back window transmision control switch brakeshift interlock signal feed

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com