Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Speedo calibration? I NEED HELP???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Speedo calibration? I NEED HELP???
98GTpro
¯
Member # 411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98GTpro  Ford pictures for 98GTpro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is the speedo gear located on a 98 GT....i have the gear, but i cant find where the old one is on the transmission. i was told it was on the tail end somewhere....what does the old one look like? help please!!

--------------------
1998 GT
2 Chamber Flows
Eibach Sportline Springs
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw
FMS 3.73s

Posts: 71 | From: Pleasanton, California | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wassup brotha!?!
Just got done doin the same thing to my 98, had to install the 23 tooth speedo gear. Jack the car up, and you will see a cable with a clip on it, on the driver side rear of the tranny, unbolt the one bolt/screw, and unclip, take the unit out take the clip off the gear(you will see what im talkin about) then replace everything the way it was, then BAM all done.

If you have an extension for your ratchet, us it, much easier. 10mm i believe! Should only take about 20 min!

Ryan [dance]

98GTpro
¯
Member # 411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98GTpro  Ford pictures for 98GTpro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man.....I found it! All done.
Lates - Chris

Posts: 71 | From: Pleasanton, California | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com