Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A/C Eliminators

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A/C Eliminators
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitch  Ford pictures for stitch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know where you can buy an A/C Elimination kit that comes with the pulley.

I am looking for one that obviously comes with the pulley and I don't have to put the power steering pump in the intake (j/k), move the water pump to back of the block (j/k). You get the jist of what I am trying to ask.

Also is this something the do-it-yourselfer can do or should it be done by a professional. I was looking at it and it looks like if one was to get rid off all the A/C crap then it would have somewhat of clean appearance under the hood.

Thanks any help will be appreciated [patriot]

--------------------
SOLD AS OF SEPT 19TH 2003

Posts: 1187 | From: Sunny SoCal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the 'march' style A/C eliminator kit, a picture is worth a thousand words but apparently my web server crashed. I'll turn it back on later.

Basically, what it does is install a plate over the right side of the water pump, through to the right head where the PS bolts up. PS remains in the same place, water pump rotates the same way, but the tensioner gets bolted to the plate the kit comes with and is now right next (to the left) of the PS. works great.

take the A/C off yourself, but seriously is 40 lbs. worth it? IMHO no unless it is a 100% track car. Also, please get the R-12 captured at a service station.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

TM88GT
¯
Member # 105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TM88GT  Ford pictures for TM88GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the ASP kit, which places an idler pulley where where the a/c compressor resides. Very easy to install.
Posts: 142 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the march one:

-

It leaves the power steering pump in the factory location, or you can remove the power steering pump all together.

stitch
¯
Member # 1522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitch  Ford pictures for stitch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the march one come with the pulley or where do you get the pulley if it doesn't. All the ones I ever see say, "pulley not included".

Thanks.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by unfknblvbl89:
Does the march one come with the pulley or where do you get the pulley if it doesn't. All the ones I ever see say, "pulley not included".

Thanks.

If you look at the picture closely, you'll notice that the kit simply uses the factory tentioner arm and pulley, just recolated.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for $60, what you're getting is a drilled aluminum bracket, a couple spacers, and some bolts and washers. It works, get it. (but seriously, IMHO keep your A/C, 40 lbs. is not worth it on a street car, and hurts resale value)
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

st5150- Thanks when I saw the picture I couldn't make everything out thats why I asked. I appreciate it.

shade-tree- I haven't used the A/C in about 3 years. I found it easier and just as efficient to roll down the windows. It's better on gas mileage too. Especailly now that I drive almost 50 miles one way to work everyday. I am not to concerned with the resale either. I have put it up for sale many times and no buyers.

--------------------
SOLD AS OF SEPT 19TH 2003

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com