Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MM Road & Track pkg plus Torque-arm installed!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MM Road & Track pkg plus Torque-arm installed!
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://63.145.238.78/saleen/default.html
http://63.145.238.78/saleen/Suspension.html
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/giab2.html
Got the car back on Sat. What a drastic change. I almost wish I had done it piece by piece just to see the change each component made, but that wouldn't make much since in install time. Custom Alignment in Mtn View, http://www.customalignment.com/ did the install. Joe, the owner, was really great to work with and took the time after the install to point out all the pieces and how they installed them.

There is definitely more road and engine noise transmitted into the car now. I can really feel it in my seat when I start the car and when I jump on the gas and the motor starts to grunt. I think this just has to do with everything being so much more connected in the car with the subframes and the torque-arm.

Man I couldn't believe how long the torque-arm was. Sucker runs from the center of the car right by the X in the X-pipe all the way back to where it connects to the axle. Nice thing was it fit with zero modification to the Bassani X.

Launching the car is a totally different experience. I can launch much higher in the RPMs and the tires refuse to light up. I kinda miss that but know it is a good thing. I feel like the more power I give it the harder the backend pushes down onto the pavement. Tried to fish tail on a right turn from a stop light like I have done a hundred times before but the car just stuck to the ground. Guess I can give it more gas on those types of turns now and still be in control, what a concept.

High speed turns are very different as well. When coming out of a turn I used to try to straighten out the car early since I knew the car was going to keep turning even though I wasn't any longer. Guess that means I got rid of the oversteer problem right?

Feels like I have to learn to drive all over again. Have been taking it easy just trying to see how the car handles now. I like it, just need to get used to it and practice. Like a new toy all over again. I took pics of all the stuff installed when it was up on the lift so folks can see what it all looks like in the links above.
Ryan

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The subs are cheap, around $100. Custom Alignment did the welding for those as well. I think that is normally a couple hours labor.

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BUCK_FIFTY
¯
Member # 728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCK_FIFTY  Ford pictures for BUCK_FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any re-welding, grinding or modifying of the exhaust system? Are you using the $449 torque arm or the $649 one?

[ August 17, 2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Yung Than ]

--------------------
"Funny how cheap ass people have money to do it right the second time, haha!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com