Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4.10 Gears

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4.10 Gears
C55AMG
¯
Member # 1459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for C55AMG  Ford pictures for C55AMG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i'm about to install some 4.10's in my cobra...Anyone know how much gasmilage i should expect it to drop to? just curious....gettin bout 260 on a full tank right now

--------------------
04 Cobra

Posts: 47 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know about gas..but i can tell you that you'll hit 83mph at 3k rpm. hope that helps.

--------------------
=(

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know the exact amount it is. But with a full tank of gas from my house in vacaville to san jose and back home I would have just over half a tank. With the 4.10s I'm just under half a tank.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok...i am confused...how can you save gas if your engine is reving higher?

--------------------
=(

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry my post is a little confusing. See if this one helps [Wink] My round trip (with 3.27s) when I got home would be just over half a tank left in the car. With the 4.10s round trip I have just under half a tank left. I would say I'm using 1/8+ more gas with the 4.10s
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I don't know the exact amount it is. But with a full tank of gas from my house in vacaville to san jose and back home I would have just over half a tank. With the 4.10s I'm just under half a tank.

when are you taking the car to the track with the 4.10's? just wondering how much they'll improve the 13.4. did the car feel faster with the 4.10's, or slower cause of less traction?

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

The car definatly feels a lot faster. I did go to the track last Friday. But didn't run very well. It was 105 and I don't think it dropped below 90 the whole night. The best I ran and this was hot lapping the car was a couple of 13.5s and a bunch of 13.6s My driving was way off (bad shifting and missing gears) My 60fts were a consistant low 1.9s and that was feathering the gas because of wheel spin. I expect the car to run low 13s to high 12s with good driving and weather.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Sorry my post is a little confusing. See if this one helps [Wink] My round trip (with 3.27s) when I got home would be just over half a tank left in the car. With the 4.10s round trip I have just under half a tank left. I would say I'm using 1/8+ more gas with the 4.10s

thanks..thats makes a bit mroe sence

--------------------
=(

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STaNGAHOLIC:
Hey i'm about to install some 4.10's in my cobra...Anyone know how much gasmilage i should expect it to drop to? just curious....gettin bout 260 on a full tank right now

Not that much of a difference...if you keep the foot "out of it" then you can still get 250 out of a tank...I can on mine and I have the FMS 4.10's... [Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mmmm, all this gear talk, cant wait for my new 3.90's. [Big Grin] they are on the way from houston,ill let you guys know how i like them and my new times once they are in, for an 01 gt
C55AMG
¯
Member # 1459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for C55AMG  Ford pictures for C55AMG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much did you guys pay for install... Lotta ppl are chargin more cuz of the IRS rear end...

--------------------
04 Cobra

Posts: 47 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is gonna sound weird...but I have a V6 with 4.10's & Posi and I actually gained mileage. I wind that bad boy all the way up to 5500 rpms too!

Mike

Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares about gas when you got a V8....buy a integra 4dr if you wanna save gas....(little inside joke) [Razz]
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares about gas when you got a V8....buy a integra 4dr if you wanna save gas....(little inside joke) [Razz]
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The best I ran and this was hot lapping the car was a couple of 13.5s and a bunch of 13.6s My driving was way off (bad shifting and missing gears)

What were you trapping at?
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

I have to find the timeslips but I had a few mid 102s

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com