Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what's the biggest size rimm that can fit a 5.0??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what's the biggest size rimm that can fit a 5.0??
88 LEEN
¯
Member # 237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88 LEEN  Ford pictures for 88 LEEN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody know what the biggest size rim wil a 87-93 mustang w/ 5 lug. i'm thinking about picking up some 18 in saleen wheels, but i don't want them to stick out. please help.
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
18's will fit........but I am pretty sure they will rub a lot......seen a couple of 5.0's with 18s and I think they do it for looks....not performance minded.......I don't see how they can do any hard cornering with those.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had 18x8 all the way around, they should fit.
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 18x9.5's at all corners on my 87 Saleen. I HAD to flair all fenders as well though. It looks stock the way my body guy did it and it looks great with these wheels on a Saleen that is already low as heck.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what tire zise will you need with 's?

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
88 LEEN
¯
Member # 237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88 LEEN  Ford pictures for 88 LEEN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hiddnnos what size tires did you have all the way around??
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Currently I have 275/35's in the back and 245 45's in the front. I am going to buy 295's for the back when it comes time for new tires.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by saleen00925:
18's will fit. but I am pretty sure they will rub a lot. seen a couple of 5.0's with 18s and I think they do it for looks....not performance minded.......I don't see how they can do any hard cornering with those.

With the new offset rims they will not rub at all!
Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hiddn.o.s. - any pics? I'd like to see your car.

--------------------
2013 White Ford Raptor S/C
2012 BMW 335i
2006 Corvette Z06 - sold
1999 White Cobra Vert - Sold

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I am very hesitant on taking it to the track tomorrow (SP)because it is not painted yet, the tranny is starting to grind 3rd on the first shift in the cold mornings, and it isn't running as hard as it used to. Needs a lot of tlc. If a friend of mine goes with his car for the first time in like a year I may just say fuck it, and go. He said he probably will, so I have a feeling I will as well.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com