Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone else got dyno numbers on this setup...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else got dyno numbers on this setup...
Chris Tann
¯
Member # 1444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Tann  Ford pictures for Chris Tann  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi all,

I have a 98 S281, with Vortec V2, RACE chip,
80mm MAF, Bassani X-pipe, and some other goodies.
This work was all done before I bought it, and the
guy I bought it from said it was dynoed at 350rwhp.

I had the supercharger stolen, and got it replaced
by a reputable race shop. They also replaced the
chip, and did a dyno tune - and she only put
out 300rwhp! She definately doesn;t have the
grunt she had before either.

So, what gives? Was the guy bullshitting about
350rwhp? I have heard people with a similar setup
getting 330-360 rwhp. Anyone else have any hard
dyno numbers?

Chris.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless the guy was running a lot of boost on that motor and possibly had an after cooler installed, or even race gas, I highly doubt it made 350 rwhp. 300 rwhp is actually very good for your setup. Most '96-'98 GT's with exhaust and a blower make around 285 rwhp.
TM88GT
¯
Member # 105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TM88GT  Ford pictures for TM88GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Unless the guy was running a lot of boost on that motor and possibly had an after cooler installed, or even race gas, I highly doubt it made 350 rwhp. 300 rwhp is actually very good for your setup. Most '96-'98 GT's with exhaust and a blower make around 285 rwhp.

Sawson's right, my buddy made 294rwhp / 328 tq on his 98GT (same as a Saleen) with a SQ-trim(8psi), bassani catalytic x-pipe, 70mm TB. 80mm MAF, and RACE-chip.
Posts: 142 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Chris Tann
¯
Member # 1444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Tann  Ford pictures for Chris Tann  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,

Thanks for the replys - I guess I was typing too fast (I'm _bugged_ about this), and forgot to mention that it _does_ have aftercooler as well.

Chris.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much boost are you seeing after the aftercooler?
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm assuming you have the 3.33" (10lb) pulley installed that comes w/ the cooler. Even w/ that 350RWHP would be on the high side. I'd guess 310-315RWHP w/ that cooler. Unless you have some 99+ heads on there....I'm guessing the guy was BSing.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Chris Tann
¯
Member # 1444

Hi,

The boost guage shows around 9-10 psi - although I'm not sure if that is before or after the aftercooler. Does the aftercooler come with a different pulley? If so, that could definately be the problem - I replaced the Supercharger, but the aftercooler was already on there. I'll check the pulley size....

Thanks,
Chris.

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes...the aftercooler includes a 3.33" good for 10lbs. The stock pulley is a 3.6" (8lbs). The size should be labeled on the inner side of the pulley, you may need a flash light. But like I said..even if you have a 3.6" on there now and switch to a 3.33", that'll still most likely be 310 or so RWHP.

Maybe the guy possibly had a 2.87" (14lb) on there?? That would probably get somewhat closer to his claim.

[ August 12, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: VortechSaleen ]

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com