Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how to cure detonation? i think

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how to cure detonation? i think
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
driving on the freeway today, it was pretty hot out,i punch it when i was goin like 80the engine would just make a lot of noise like its reving but it took like at least 5 secs to start to pull wtf? its a 2001 with an auto, any ideas?
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like the tranny was slipping, maybe from the heat

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
detonation sounds like a can of marbles shaking. what you are describing is not good, and should be checked out under warranty. sounds like a new tranny might be in the works for you.

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not detonation, that sounds like a drivetrain issue...

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the posts if it happens one more time im taking it to ford and gettin a new tranny, i had a buddy with a 2001 gt and he had the lemon law passed on mustang because his tranny went out 2 times and ford had to pay him 24,000 for his car, hope thats not the route my car is heading, maby ill get one of the new 6 speeds, that would be sick

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com