Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tires

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tires
4redude
Member # 648

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4redude  Ford pictures for 4redude    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to get some new tires. At 12k miles the P-Zero's are toast. Anyone have any recommendations on a good tire that gives good grip and a little longer life span than the Pirelli's? I have an '01
S281 with 265/35ZR18's front and 295/35ZR18's rear.
Thanks,
Brian Keegan

Posts: 4 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey brian, i see its your first post. Welcome to the board!!! i recently went through the same dilema and decided to get Nittos 555(they were much cheaper than what i had before) Anyway, so far they are great. hope that helps [Big Grin]
later

--------------------
=(

Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome Brian,
I love my Nitto 555's , I've had them for 5k miles and they still look new! I 'm running the same size in the rear as you but I have 265/40zr18's in the front. I'm not sure why, but that's the way I bought the car. Anyone know why a taller tire in the front?

[ August 06, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Ruben ]

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought 2 new tires yesterday, and I went with the Nitto 555's, 285/40/17. I checked the Pirellis and they had a treadwear rating of only 180 or so, which explains the short lifespan. The Nitto's have a 300 rating, and I have 17000 miles on the front tires and they still have about half the tread left. The only bad news is that I just checked and the widest 18" nitto was 285. Another good tire is the BFG KDW, which is around the same price as the Nitto's.

[ August 07, 2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: 98Snake ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com