Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother has a 95GT, and we lost the only key that we had for it . so my ? is,

What would I have to do in order to have a another Key made or do we have to do some changes?

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks

[ August 05, 2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Manny ]

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If that is truley the last key you have than you wil;l have to get all the locks changed.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
realy? How would I start the car? Do I have to change the swicth too?

--------------------
Manny...

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BS.....go to Ford Dealership...prove your the owner.....wait for keys.

I had one key to my car and wanted more when I bought it.....they made more without the original key..it was in my pocket.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Manny
¯
Member # 23

quote:
Originally posted by saleen00925:
BS.....go to Ford Dealership...prove your the owner.....wait for keys.

I had one key to my car and wanted more when I bought it.....they made more without the original key..it was in my pocket.

Do I have to bring the car?

The key for my brothers car doesnt have the chip in it, Do you think that they would be able to make a spare still?

thanks for the help everyone.

--------------------
Manny...

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call any dealer, if you can the one where it was bought new. Tell them what happened, they will ask for the vin and you can go get them right then. Some dealers cut keys on site so you can walk in and get your keys but I know that some types of ownership proof are asked for. Depends on dealer.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LAST302:
Call any dealer, if you can the one where it was bought new. Tell them what happened, they will ask for the vin and you can go get them right then. Some dealers cut keys on site so you can walk in and get your keys but I know that some types of ownership proof are asked for. Depends on dealer.

They better ask for proof of purchase/and or ownership or else i will be at your house tommorow rollin your ride [Wink] [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
Support our troops!

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I worked at a Ford dealer in Arizona they cut keys there and as long as you were in the computer as having maintenance done on that vehicle in the past or your warranty plan matched the name and vin it was all good.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A looong time ago someone stole the keys of my old 95 gt. so, i took the car to a body shop and they replace all the locks(doors, trunk, ignition) dont remember how much they charged me, but i was pretty cheap.
i went ahead and changed the locks becaseu i did not want anyone coming to my house and taking my car while i slept.
well, if u just lost the keys and have no fear of anyone taking your car, then maybe getting a replacement key from the dealer will be cheaper.

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com