Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NITROUS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NITROUS
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of my friends has a nitrous kit that he is going to let me borrow,He doesnt know what kind of car it was off it's made by NOS.Can i use this kit it is for EFI.What would be different in a kit that is made for my car compared to another??
HE has a couple kits wet and dry.What should I go with I want to run a 150 shot.Anything else i should know??Thanks for any help.

Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone help me??Thanks for any help
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The supply lines would be differnt lengths I think. If you dont know what the kit is for than I wouldnt put it on the car.

--------------------
Support our troops!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take it easy with NOs, after all you dont wanna blow up you engine, do you?

--------------------
=(

93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

No i dont want to blow my engine but I was thinking and i dont see anything that could be different on the kit besides the main line length.Can anyone verfy this for me?I am suppose to race someone and i need it.Thanks
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless the fuel pressure cut off has different levels of pressure it shuts off at... like a 5.0 using 30 pounds of pressure or so... compared to 15 of a v6 (those numbers are out of my ass) but.. if the safety shut off trigger is different.. may cause a problem...
Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not exactly a nitrous oxide expert but, I think that 5.0's with a wet kit use a spray bar that goes in between the upper and lower manifold(I know that NOS uses this style) and the dry kits just have a nozzle right before the throttle body, and use the injectors to add the additional fuel. Some I have talked to say that dry systems are a bad idea because they do a poor job of distributing the nitrous/fuel mix. You could probably buy the bottle, solenoids, and lines from this guy but you might have to buy the spray bar plate specific to the type of intake manifold you have, most parts can be bought separately. Hope this helps

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But you can also get detonation big time and explode your motor with a wet system when and if the fuel puddles up in the manifold.

Dry systems are very safe and a little spray won't hurt. As long as you have adquete fuel your motor will be fine.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only difference is the jet sizes you'll need, i think
call NOS and they can tell you everything you need to know

[ August 06, 2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmir018:

[BS flag]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by jmir018:

[BS flag]
[Eek!] [Eek!] come on..what! i am just stating my opinion..i've seen people blow their engines up just becaseu they took nos lightly. i have nothing against nos, but if you use it be careful and do your research..thats all i am saying [Roll Eyes] !

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wasn't saying anything about you. I just stated that that comment was b.s.
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wet kits are the way to go, especialy the NOS plate system. you won't get the puddling. There are several ways to inject the nitrous in a fuel injected 5.0. So if you try to piece a mystery kit together you would have to know what your doing or have some experience with nitrous to know how you want to inject it. Your best bet is if you have all the lines and silinoids would be to order up the right plate from nos that would work with your intake, but again if you haven't had alot of experiance with the stuff you may get yourself into a mess.
bigg matt
¯
Member # 1643

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for bigg matt  Ford pictures for bigg matt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ULL BLOW THE WELDS ON THE INTAKE
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BLOW THE WELDS ON THE INTAKE? I haven't heard that one, at least on a fuel injected 5.0, most of the time you will only get the big nitrous back fires on a big shot of nitrous, but hey I'm not sayin I know all! My last mustang I ran the NOS plate system on a pretty stock 5.0, I ran it with the 200hp jets in it for a long time, than I got crazy and started using the 250hp jets, worked good, put my stock bottom end, cast iron head and even stock ported lower in the 10s. But after a few of those 10 sec. passes the stock block cracked completely in half. NO joke!
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, I think 93 was the first year ford started putting those piece of shit hyperuetectic pistons in the 5.0. Now before that they were forged right? I wouldnt put that much nitrous on my motor, those pistons are garbage. Im pretty sure the 93 gt has them, cause my 93 cobra does!!~Ken

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, 93 they changed over to those pistons, but even with those pistons if the tune is right you won't hurt the pistons. On a average hp setting on the NOS.
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of all you gotta stop calling it NAWWWZ...its nitrous or N20. NOS is a company that makes the nitrous kit.

The wet kit on the 5.0 is same as it is for the 4.6L. It is the EFI kit which has a nozzle that sprays both nitrous and fuel before the TB.

1.They advertise the gain of power @ the crank instead of the wheels like NX.

2. NX's shark nozzles are far more superior then the ones of NOS..

But to answer your question..If the lines are the same length then yea. the FPSS can be adjusted without problem...what kind of jets did the kit come with?

Ask me why I think NX wet kits are more superior than dry kits...and no, ppl that know how to use the system and that have all the proper tuning and equipment will NOT "Blow their engine"

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
But you can also get detonation big time and explode your motor with a wet system when and if the fuel puddles up in the manifold.

Dry systems are very safe and a little spray won't hurt. As long as you have adquete fuel your motor will be fine.

Wet kits will not let fuel puddle in the intake...
This will only happen if you spray @ like 2k rpm while in 5th gear..very rare..you actually have to "want" to do this if you really want to puddle..(but thats why there are MSD window switches)
Detonation with a wet kit? And you cannot get detonation with the dry kit? You have more chance of getting detonation with a dry kit because you have to actually minor "tune" your engine, meaning retard the timing in order to supply the extra fuel..With the wet kit, the extra fuel is already supplied and you only need to retard a couple of degrees depending on how big of a shot you are using being that the solenoids provide the extra fuel and not the injectors...

[ August 09, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Mirza ]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Hey thanks alot for your help mirza.That what i was looking for.I am going with the wet shot.I'm going to start with a 50 shot and work my way up.
nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can get you a wet kit for your 93 for the best price on the net (new). Email me

info@nitrousracing.com

Scott

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com