Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » fuel injectors

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fuel injectors
2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im looking to buy 42 lbs injectors, what manufacters do you recommend, i was thinking ford racing 42 lbs injectors. the best price i found them is 357.95, anybody know where i can get them cheaper or a better brand?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BOSCH! They're what Ford themselves uses.

As for the best price, contact:

http://www.houstonperformance.com/

or www.jdsperformance.com

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Siemans.

I did research on injectors 6 months ago and found that these are probably the best ones you can buy! Accel sells them.

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid $330 for my Ford 42's (cheapest around back then)...that was a while ago. I know the price went up since then...that price you got there sound descent if it's w/ shipping.

If you feel like taking a small risk...I'm pretty sure you can find some on eBay for a good price.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:
Siemans.

I did research on injectors 6 months ago and found that these are probably the best ones you can buy! Accel sells them.

How do you figure? Almost no one runs their "high impedance" injectors. It seems like they're big amoung the Chevy TPI crowd though [Confused]
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ford motor sports are fine

you could buy themm used that would be the cheapest or try huston performance they have the best price that i found so far

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They make both high and low impedence injectors. I have a set of low impedence 83lbs on my car. I have a friend that also has 160's of his that are low impedence.

I dont want to get into a big debate on which injector is the best, so I will tell you a little on why I decided to buy the Seimans product.

1.The quality control in the company is supposed to be better then the "big four" that makes injectors.

2. I asked people who know and they all said Seimans.

3. I looked at all the Pro guys running EFI and 85% of them were running Seimans.

4. You can run a much higher dudy cycle on these injectors and "get away" with it. I have run mine well above 90% and never hurt anything.

But, the biggest reason I bought them is because all of the "fast" guys use them!

Just a little mans opinion that is by no means an expert!

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

2001s281
¯
Member # 653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2001s281  Ford pictures for 2001s281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys, i am going with the Bosch/FMS 42 lbs for 357.95. I am geting the car dyno tuned at Apex on the 24th i will post the results.
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the difference between high and low impeadence? Can someone pleace tell me.
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Toxicity of Dank:
What is the difference between high and low impeadence? Can someone pleace tell me.

well low impedence only need 2.2 oms to make them work

where stock oem cars use 12 to 14 oms

so if you try to put low impedence injectors on to your stock car well they would not work

and that i know of no one makes really large high impedence injectors they only go up to 50#

where low impedence go to 160#

[ August 06, 2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com