Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » valve cover breathers, are they safe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: valve cover breathers, are they safe
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I posted this on Corral and no answers.

have a 2001 saleen mustang with the roots blower. I put on a BBK cold air kit and had to cut the tube a bit to get it to fit due to the blower having the throttle body in a different spot. By doing this, the tube that comes from the driverside valve cover was being pinched by the oil cap next to the cold air kit tubing. I removed the tube and capped off the cold air kit and installed a breather on the valve cover. I was told that If I put a breather on one side that I would have to put one on the other side. I removed the tubing and added a breather also. Is it safe to run breathers on the valve covers? Is all that tubing just for emmisions? I know people add breathers due to blow by and as far as I can see I havn't noticed any. I just had to do one side due to the oil cap blocking the tube.

-

Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea the hose are for emmisions

putting breathers helps out your car couse your not pumping any oil or hot air into you combustion chamber

see when you run you car hard thats when blow bye is created thats when oil slips through the rings and goes back into your combustion chamber wich some times can make your car ping due to the fact that oil burns before gas does in the chamber

so its safer to have breathers on
then to be pumping oil or hot air into your combustion chamber [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Big Grin] no problem

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Adam, how's it going..

How's the family.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com