Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 3.8 what do you know

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 3.8 what do you know
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okey dont laugh but i have to cut some of my bills in order to return to college
so im selling the Cobra and i think i have found something good to replace it
Okey dont laugh, 95 V6 coupe, i said STOP LAUGHING, heres the details
80k miles, striped model no power, wind up windows, it has a cd player, but no
mach 460 [Frown] the interior is in awesome shape, light grey GTS interior, It is a
Five speed, thank God, the outside is okey, it needs a rub out, its black but
the front bumper has a few scraches, heres the problems, the overflow tank
has a crack so if any water overflows from the radiator it goes on the grownd
the timing chain, clutch, and brakes were done at 75000 it is an original owner car
and was female driven, it has some ugly ass wheel covers, and no wing , but i does drop
my insureance from 390 a month to 110 full coverage, and instead of 370 payments, i will
own this one outright, basically im saving 660 a month, anyway the guy is asking
3900 for it and it has a clean title, let me know if anybody knows anything about the 95's
thanks Joel

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep you're getting an SN-95 like you said.........

SO, you're not getting on 03 Cobra?
Please explain [patriot]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ July 29, 2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, a car like a early/mid 90 something civic/accord is 10x a better deal in terms of mileage, reliability and insurance, and is going to much cheaper to purchase outright.

other than '74-'78, I couldn't think of a worse mustang to own than a '94-'98 SN-95 6 popper.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey joel,,,dont get it unless you like paying for numerous repairs. I heard the v6's are shit for reliability. I would get a civic or toyota if you really want reliability and fuel economy. What about a fox body????

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

oldskool
¯
Member # 1457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldskool  Ford pictures for oldskool    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The main concern I would have is that has it had it's head gaskets replaced yet. The 94-96 V6's had problems in the past with their head gaskets blowing at around 90K+ miles. Supposedly Ford knows about it and it's supposed to be covered under a recall they had.

But mine wasn't ever recalled and I had them fix a blown headgasket at about 91k miles, and it was really expensive. But once that was done, my car has driven better than it ever has.

As far as reliability is concerned, as far as mine goes, it's never left me stranded anywhere, and it's a good commuter car. If you want alot of power, go with a V8, but as far as insurance goes, they will always charge less for a V6 than a V8. You might get a little price break with a Fox Body, but insurance companies will still rape you cause it's a "GT".

Sounds like school is a priority for you anyway, so go with the cheaper car for now, and graduate, get a good job and then you can buy as many toys as you want to.

--------------------
2005 Honda Accord LX
1996 White V6 **SOLD**

99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well anybody that knows me well, knows i would NEVER own a honda, or
toyota, I have to have a Ford, its in my racing contract, my 03 cobra fell
through, they wanted to make money on it, and i couldn't afford the 479
insurance payment, and i have had 4 fox bodies, even though they are
the quickest, cheapest, race cars they are not comfortable on long drives
the SN better fits my person, im 6'4", also i cant afford a V8 while im in
school, gas, insure,and payment. So i thought i would give it a try, i haver
riden in a 97 v6 and it was not THAT bad, but are they any different
in 95, please let me know if anybody knows Thanks

--------------------
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,

99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Thank you oldskool, that is what im looking for, good info THANKS [Smile]

--------------------
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about that white Toyota truck?

Get an Fox body and get SN seats [Smile]

Good luck with whatever you get!

99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

clark, you dont miss a detail, the toyota does not count it was given to
me, its not in my name, the fox pedals are 3/4 in taller, the roof is 7/8 lower
and the mounts from a sn make the seat higher by almost an inch

--------------------
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,

99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Does anybody know what the V6 Mustang websites are?
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

anybody?
oldskool
¯
Member # 1457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldskool  Ford pictures for oldskool    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try:

V6Power.net
Mustangworld.com - they have a V6 section but it's not really impressive.

--------------------
2005 Honda Accord LX
1996 White V6 **SOLD**

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YES.... my car will finally be faster that someones !!!!

hehe... i wont be the slow koininea gal anymore..lol. naw joel i think you are making a smart decision. i wouldn't want those payments either while being in school and all. go for it man. we'll make you win the v6 division at the next show [Wink] love ya joel
ash

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.3.8mustang.com [patriot]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by 98ponygal:
YES.... my car will finally be faster that someones !!!!

hehe... i wont be the slow koininea gal anymore..lol. naw joel i think you are making a smart decision. i wouldn't want those payments either while being in school and all. go for it man. we'll make you win the v6 division at the next show [Wink] love ya joel
ash

You just want to have a faster car... [Big Grin]
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

dam that hurt, okey change of plans, im buying a fox.....V8

--------------------
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by 99convcobra:
dam that hurt, okey change of plans, im buying a fox.....V8

[patriot]
98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol awww c'mon joel.... let me kick ur butt atleast once... lets get lookin for those heads and intake for my car though

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com