Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LoJack

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LoJack
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where would you go to get this installed and in what regions does it work?

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah - the beauty of the Lojack is that they come to your house and install it there [Big Grin] . Takes about 30 minutes.

I got the one in the 03 through Fremont Ford (added to the price of the vehicle & financed with the car), and the one in the 01 from Hayward Ford... which was the cheaper of the two by about $200. Just call Hayward Ford and thell them you want LoJack installed, and it's easy from there.

As far as areas of coverage, click here to find out the specifics for the LoJack coverage - but it also says "For current coverage information, call LoJack Customer Service at (800) 698-8022". I know the site says "all of california", but that's BS. It's mostly around the big metro areas. Cops have to have special equipment on their cars to track a LoJack vehicle - and not all cops have them.

BTW: I know some will tell you that the OnStar system is better... but I have a huge problem with something that's "always on". LoJack only goes off after you phone the company - they are the ones who activate the system since it's not "always on". Last thing I want is cops tracking me when I'm having a little fun on the road (they don't now - but just wait. Laws change every day, especially when it's for the betterment of "public interest" concerns like catching speeders & street racers). Maybe I'm perinoid, but I just don't want big brother always looking over my shoulder. Fuck that [Mad] .

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks mark. One of the few times anyone can get a strait answer around here!

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com