Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need to get my car on a diet.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to get my car on a diet.
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to get my car on a diet. I already deleted the raer seats. I was thinking of deleting the rear plastic panels. My goel is to get her to 3000lbs. If possible less. Any other things i can delet to get her lighter? [Big Grin]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like to remove the rear seats/pad and the passenger seat. That with aluminum heads and maybe yank the carpet and you should be there.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ac and smog pumps.

Also to really lower some weight you should replace the front k-member and get some aftermarket brakes. That reduces weight dramatically.

--------------------
Support our troops!

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take of your ac pump...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK IT. I'm going to strip everything in the car and ride on a bucket. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Razz] Let me see......Do i need windshields? NAWWWWWWWW. I dont need mirrors. [dance]

Maybe ill just replace the front seats for some rocero seats and leave it at that. Thanx for the replys guys. Any more ideas? [Big Grin]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets put my car on a diet too! Even with aluminum heads, no smog, etc, I'm still at 3500lbs race weight!

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Lets put my car on a diet too! Even with aluminum heads, no smog, etc, I'm still at 3500lbs race weight!

If you weren't such a skinny f*ck I'd tell you to go on a diet. [Big Grin]

Hell, my car could lose 60 lbs of race weight just by kicking my fat ass out the car and putting you in the drivers seat.

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com