Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » shift light question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: shift light question
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On a 98 Cobra...what all do you need to make a pencil style shift light ONLY to work besides the rpm pill box thing?? Is there something that you have to do with the coil packs or something like that??? I can't remember and a friend is wanting to install just a shiftlight in his car without a tach....any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you don't need anything else besides the rpm pill box.

I installed one on my car a couple of years ago with sawsons custom made pills and it worked fine..

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mirza:

I installed one on my car a couple of years ago with sawsons custom made pills and it worked fine..

were you in 5th gear when you got those hp #'s or something....I hope that is a joke or I am just not noticing something I should be.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleen00925:
quote:

were you in 5th gear when you got those hp #'s or something....I hope that is a joke or I am just not noticing something I should be.
I think your missing the fact it's a joke...and Mirza..thanks bro..im gonna help a buddy do this install this weekend...any advice?? or is it prety straight foward??

--------------------

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope that is a joke or I am just not noticing something I should be....

Brian, it's cake...just get a bunch of the quick splice wire connectors and you will be fine..make sure you mount the shift light onto something replaceable like a plastic piece behind the steering wheel or the side where the pods go..
good luck!

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

double post

[ July 22, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Mirza ]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

double post

[ July 22, 2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Mirza ]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

triple post

[ July 22, 2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Mirza ]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

[ July 22, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Mirza ]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Thanks bro...appreciate it...(haha..and if I fuck up..hehehehe..it is his car!!!) J/K....with all that horsepower shouldn't you have the little flap on the top of your car so if you start to spin...it flips open! [Big Grin]

--------------------

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

that was a quintuple post! Holy shit!
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

haha, yea its fucked up..don't know what happened.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:

that was a quintuple post! Holy shit!
come on mirza......what did we tell you bout smokin that shit and using your computer at the same time............j/k bro, im gonna be in san ho pretty soon and I want to see the set up you are runnun....Marin said you put up some pretty good numbers, so I am real curious
Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Fo sho!

Yea man, whenever you are not busy just ask marin for my # and you can come check it out.

My car will be ready on wednesday with a brand new tranny and a spec stage II.

Let's see what happens then..

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com