Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » $3000 whats the best i can do to/for my car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: $3000 whats the best i can do to/for my car
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my mods are in my sig its a 94 5.0

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find a 306 long block w/ AFR's and stuff a hi-tech cam in there.........

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we are assuming you want to go faster? I'd look in to heads, cam, headers, intake, bigger TB, bigger MAF, and some tuning, probably gonna need bigger injectors too, weren't those years fairly weak? like 19#rs?

look at some of the member's setups on this board, you can learn from that too.

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I wish I had that money right now, well if you know how to work on your own car, this is what I would go get:
AFR165cc Heads $1225 the cheapest I found
Edelbrock Perfomer Intake $450 or Trick Flow $375
Intake Elbow $80
76mm MAF $200
70mm T/B $209
Headers (your Choice) About $200 for a good set
Injectors $259

New Roller rockers 1.7 $250
New Push Rods $80

Total $2953

and why not find another $300 for a custom Grind Cam...

[ July 19, 2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
posted July 19, 2002 07:24 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn I wish I had that money right now, well if you know how to work on your own car, this is what I would go get:
AFR165cc Heads $1225 the cheapest I found
Edelbrock Perfomer Intake $450 or Trick Flow $375
Intake Elbow $80
76mm MAF $200
70mm T/B $209
Headers (your Choice) About $200 for a good set
Injectors $259

New Roller rockers 1.7 $250
New Push Rods $80

Total $2953

and why not find another $300 for a custom Grind Cam...

Acombo like that would not be bad you will need at LEAST $1000 more!!! Take it from someone who has a 95 and has gone that route a couple of times I know. These years are not fun to build and requrie lots of extra attention and great tuning. Add you tax, shipping, tuning which will be a must after those changes, all the stuff you forgot like valve covers to clear those rockers, then you will need a phenolic to clear the egr from the valve covers, all your gaskets, why not replace your push rods and lifters while you are in there, and are you doing this yourself? Installation will cost alot if not. Dont want to scare you but it NEVER will go the way you want it to!! I reccomend saving your money and doing it all at once, or set a $1500-2000 price range knowing you have that extra money cause you will need it. Good luck!!! PM me if you have questions-
......Just a guy who has done all before round and round......

Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heads, cam, intake, N20

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LAST302:
posted July 19, 2002 07:24 am
Acombo like that would not be bad you will need at LEAST $1000 more!!! Take it from someone who has a 95 and has gone that route a couple of times I know. These years are not fun to build and requrie lots of extra attention and great tuning. Add you tax, shipping, tuning which will be a must after those changes, all the stuff you forgot like valve covers to clear those rockers, then you will need a phenolic to clear the egr from the valve covers, all your gaskets, why not replace your push rods and lifters while you are in there, and are you doing this yourself? Installation will cost alot if not. Dont want to scare you but it NEVER will go the way you want it to!! I reccomend saving your money and doing it all at once, or set a $1500-2000 price range knowing you have that extra money cause you will need it. Good luck!!! PM me if you have questions-
......Just a guy who has done all before round and round......

Damn I left out a whole lot [Frown] shit, and here I am thinking all I need is $3k, fuck back to the drawing bored... Wife won't be to happy to know I need more than $3k....

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thing I'd do is change those ricer lights [Wink] and go with a complete Griggs suspension.

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy an A-Trim with the upgraded pulley. You will have about 8#'s of boost and some money left over.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Platinum Pony,

What is your ultimate goal for the car?

Drag Strip terror
Corner Carver
Pimpin' streeter

Without knowing what you want to end up with it's impossible to make good suggestions. If you don't know the answer to the above question save your money until you do.

I'm sure if you ask around on this board, you will find that people often start modding without a goal in mind. They end up wasting a lot of money and often times the final result is something they don't really want.

Give us some more information on what you want from your car and I'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions. Then you can make the choice that's right for you.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drag strip terror with good enough handling to keep up lookin to low 12's or maybe even 11's dont mind going away from being naturally aspirated i would go sc not nitrous though no bottle for my babyand yes i will be doing my own work

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by T-TopTerror:
Buy an A-Trim with the upgraded pulley. You will have about 8#'s of boost and some money left over.

They don't make A trims for 94-95's [Frown]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com