Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tool to do cam swaps in half the time?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tool to do cam swaps in half the time?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check this out:

http://66.96.130.106/archives/2002/07/camswap/index.shtml

So who will be the first guy here to buy the tool for the rest of us to borrow? [Big Grin]

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice idea!! Why dont YOU buy it Sawson, o everybody else can borrow it!!!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
nice idea!! Why dont YOU buy it Sawson, o everybody else can borrow it!!!

I wouldn't know what to do with all my new found friends if I own that tool [Wink]
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually I'll seriously think about purchasing that. I'm already thinking about ordering a bigger cam. That'd definitely save some time. Especially if I had to swap out the big stick for a stocker for smog. I wish Nate would hurry up and get his cam in and see what his setup does! I'm ready to buzz this bitch to 6500+ [Big Grin]
Psycho Dave
¯
Member # 739

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psycho Dave  Ford pictures for Psycho Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like a neat tool...from my understanding on an LS1 cam swap the lifters have little retainers you can push them up into...from what ive heard is you just put a bolt in the end of the cam and spin it around and it pushes all the lifters up and they stick up there...when you reinstall you just push the lifters down with the pushrods...supposed to be an intake removal free process...I have yet to do a cam in an ls1 yet so I cant say for sure whether this is true or not...just hear-say....makes life much easier...

Dave

Posts: 60 | From: Marysvile, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pity the man that accidentally drops a lifter in during this process.
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sawson,
feel free to borrow my set any time... [Wink]

thanks for the link

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have that tool if anyone needs to borrow it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com