Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » $4500 what to get

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: $4500 what to get
cobra989
Member # 1548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra989  Ford pictures for cobra989    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi there everyone, recently my dad just bought me a 1998 cobra with 42k miles on it. I have been saving for a while now and i have about $4500 to spend on parts. I just wanted to know the best combination of parts to have the fastest car possible with this money. Thanx!
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
supercharger, x-pipe, cat-back, springs that would take care of about 3g's installed.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually, depending on the supercharger...I'd say every penny of that $4500 would be spoken for if you would have the installation done. That shit isn't cheap....but try it, it's just nuts and bolts and will save money for other go fast goodies.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Head swap, and all the minor bolt on goodies. OR you can go for instant power and get supercharged.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10s w/a speed cal
Nitto's
Headers
X-pipe
Catback
Short throw shifter
springs, shocks/struts, bushings
Cold Air intake
Pulleys
There are a few other things if you have money left. It wont be the fastest car for that money but it will be a well rounded car. If you want the fastest car for that money then it would be a Super Charger and it might cost you a little more then your $4500 if you have someone install it.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put the blower on and upgrade the fuel system a little. Depending on whether or not you do the install you my have little to nothing left after that.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Drift-GT
¯
Member # 762

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drift-GT  Ford pictures for Drift-GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know I think people put to much emphasis on the power aspect of the car (not saying that it is not fun). But have you been in a car that truly handles like it is on rails? Now that is fun. If it were me I would put that cash into some serious suspension and if there is any money left over get some exhaust. And go road racing and auto-x’ing. [Smile] my $0.02

--------------------
- 1965 GT “K” code Mustang, RIP
- 2002 Silver GT 5 speed
- 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Posts: 552 | From: Freakmont, CA U.S. of A | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com