Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Kenne Bell Super Chargers???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kenne Bell Super Chargers???
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone running it, and what HP are you getting, also what are the goods and bads on this kit?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello. What are you looking for? If you're looking to race your car, its not the right blower for you. If you're looking to burn rubber on the street and don't like downshifting much, then its a perfect blower for you.
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda of want instant power at the drop of a foot. But also racing. I just wanted to know, because I don't see to many people using it.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ATI Procharger

D1 SC self contained, intercooled beast

www.procharger.com

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres a reason why you don't see alot of people running those super chargers, that style blower is only good for truck applications, not higher reving cars. There boost comes on early in the rpms where your cars power really doesn't need the boost yet. The few guys that I've known that run them were not happy.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's pretty popular to slam on the KB or other screw type blowers, but bottom line, if you're after a VERY streetable 11 second stang with mild bolt-ons, the KB will get you there. Sure the vortech supercharger is a better 'race' setup, but let's not forget the area under your torque curve matches your acceleration potential given proper gearing. The KB has that in spades, and yes I agree that a vortech S-trim will be superior in a race application, but let's be realistic.
Are you a dyno racer? Get the S-trim.
Are you a track whore? Get the S-trim.
Looking for a nice street machine? edge KB
Looking for a good deal on used equipment? either one.
Looking to run 11's with not much else? Either one will work.

Whatever kind of blower you get, they're all gonna make power, it just kinda depends what you're after. If you're shooting for 11's on a mild streetable setup like say iron GT-40 heads, stock cam, cobra intake or I forget does the KB require a custom KB intake?, and full exhaust, you'll be in the 11's easy with slicks in a full weight fox.

[ July 16, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
It's pretty popular to slam on the KB or other screw type blowers, but bottom line, if you're after a VERY streetable 11 second stang with mild bolt-ons, the KB will get you there. Sure the vortech supercharger is a better 'race' setup, but let's not forget the area under your torque curve matches your acceleration potential given proper gearing. The KB has that in spades, and yes I agree that a vortech S-trim will be superior in a race application, but let's be realistic.
Are you a dyno racer? Get the S-trim.
Are you a track whore? Get the S-trim.
Looking for a nice street machine? edge KB
Looking for a good deal on used equipment? either one.
Looking to run 11's with not much else? Either one will work.

Whatever kind of blower you get, they're all gonna make power, it just kinda depends what you're after. If you're shooting for 11's on a mild streetable setup like say iron GT-40 heads, stock cam, cobra intake or I forget does the KB require a custom KB intake?, and full exhaust, you'll be in the 11's easy with slicks in a full weight fox.

Actually I've never heard of an 11 seccond or faster KenneBell Mustang in Northern California. I think all they only exist on corral.net where all three 11 second KenneBell owners in the nation post [Smile]

[ July 16, 2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, my source has been found [Razz]

but seriously, why *wouldn't* a 6-9 PSI blowzilla or whatever make 350 ish rwhp on a GT-40 setup? that, slicks, and a good day at the track=11's.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
lol, my source has been found [Razz]

but seriously, why *wouldn't* a 6-9 PSI blowzilla or whatever make 350 ish rwhp on a GT-40 setup? that, slicks, and a good day at the track=11's.

"mikal" on this board made about 275 rwhp if I remember right with GT40 heads and a KenneBell. Years ago this old guy with a black '96 or '97 DOHC cobra made 350 rwhp with a KenneBell. I can probably think of more local combos in a few hours. I remember Charlies Mustangs did one years ago, don't know if it ever dyno'd though. Charlie called Jim Bell an asshole if I remember right [Razz]
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
"mikal" on this board made about 275 rwhp if I remember right with GT40 heads and a KenneBell.

He pulled 288RWHP 361RWTQ with an automatic with around 10lbs of boost after byron tuned it. He ran 12.8 @ 106 with stock suspension.

[ July 16, 2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:
"mikal" on this board made about 275 rwhp if I remember right with GT40 heads and a KenneBell.

He pulled 288RWHP 361RWTQ with an automatic with around 10lbs of boost after byron tuned it. He ran 12.8 @ 106 with stock suspension.
I rest my case.
Mikal
¯
Member # 652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikal  Ford pictures for Mikal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEP

but i did make 350rwhp/400 with al. heads and a 5spd after that.

s trim...s trim.....s trim....

-Mike

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What aluminum heads did you end up going with?
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What aluminum heads did you end up going with?

holley avengers 300-574, its what they are putting on the new systemax heads
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com