Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » E-Brake Light Coming On?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: E-Brake Light Coming On?
1SLWGT
¯
Member # 926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWGT  Ford pictures for 1SLWGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The other day I was flooring it and two non-consecutive occasions when i was slowing down i was pressing on the brakes pretty firm and the e-brake light came on. I have a 99GT. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"Why do they call it taking a dump when your leaving a dump?"

Posts: 32 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWGT:
The other day I was flooring it and two non-consecutive occasions when i was slowing down i was pressing on the brakes pretty firm and the e-brake light came on. I have a 99GT. Any suggestions?

your brakes might be low that might be why it came low or the brake fluid my be low also

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine are doing the same thing except that damn light comes on ALL the time
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think ford recalled that on 99 and 00's. some switch needs to be replaced....go to the dealership and tell them what is happening and they should fix it. I had it done on my Saleen when they noticed it wasn't done and I didn't ever encounter any problems before, now the E-Brake feels different when I pull it up though.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the brake fluid, same thing happened to me and it was the fluid,it was low.

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
checked the fluid, the fluid was fine
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a little tiny switch that turns off the dash light when the e-brake is off. It is screwed to the e-brake handle assembly, on the side. Sometimes that switch gets gummed up. That could cause the light not to come on at times also.

Just a thought.

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com