Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NOVI2000's are a bitch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NOVI2000's are a bitch
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
these kits suck for 94-95 gt's the installation manual sucks, the directions are useless, the pictures are horable, and mount they send you has to be tapped before you can use it, Did i just get a bad kit or is this typical for Paxton?? [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no comment on the paxton kit. All I can say is after were finally done with Jim's car, it should "kick ass". Especially after the Dyno tune this weekend!!!!

Ray

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and one more thing, has anyone ever had to move a abs pump before???

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have done 2 paxtons and 2 votech and well I like the paxton better but hell they are the same company know vortech bought them out

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Although an excellent product....the installation is a god damn joke. Too many things to be changed before instalation when it should be ready? Damn, for the price you pay, you'd think it would be done right from the factory. Oh well, can't wait to see this thing in action doogie. It's gonna be insane.......shit, you may actually get to stab something when you get this thing on bro....hahahaha [Wink]

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I like to race  Ford pictures for I like to race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Novi 2000 kit I saw was the renegade race kit for a 5.0/5.8 which mounts on the driver side. The plates came with threads and every part was there with great directions. Only problem is that the belts that came with it only fit the stupid ass 5.0l and Paxton doesn't have belts long enough to fit a 5.8. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 87 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by I like to race:
The Novi 2000 kit I saw was the renegade race kit for a 5.0/5.8 which mounts on the driver side. The plates came with threads and every part was there with great directions. Only problem is that the belts that came with it only fit the stupid ass 5.0l and Paxton doesn't have belts long enough to fit a 5.8. [Roll Eyes]

How many rib belt is it? Any reason why you're going through paxton for the belt?
I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I like to race  Ford pictures for I like to race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
8 rib, no reason, we just called figuring it would be a direct trade by sending them back one that didnt work and getting the one that did. Instead it costs like $60-$80 to just order the correct length belt from an autoparts store.
Posts: 87 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com