Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » new clutch is sqeaking!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new clutch is sqeaking!!!
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dammit any one wanna let me know whats up? i just installed my new "stock replacment" clutch and now its sqeaking...only when the clutch is all the way out or in neutral any ideas?

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know how you feel, once that stock clutch goes out, its never the same. The squeak your hearing in neutral is the throwout bearing. Yeah i know, everything was replaced when ya did the clutch, but thats what it is. Theres a few things you can try and do to get the noise to disappear for a bit but it'll come back. Lifting up on the clutch pedal itself(self adjusting clutch) sometimes helps. Also a good tester is to see if the noise goes away after pushing the clutch in about an inch and holding it. But, if you want to get down and dirty, you can follow your clutch cable that leads to the cover on your tranny, take the cover off and if you tweak your fork around, you can see exactly on what you need to adjust in order to get your throwout bearing to completely release. Now im not completely sure, but i think with a steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, it should eliminate your noise problem.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I don't know if this will help, but I'm having the Steeda Double Hook Clutch Quadrant, Firewall Adjuster, and Adjustable cable shipped out via UPS overnight & will be having it installed on Friday when I have my new factory clutch put in, flywheel resurfaced, throwout & pilot bearings replaced, new pressure plate, etc. I'll let you know if I hear any sqeaking and whether or not I am able to fix it with the firewall adjuster & cable.

Brad

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com