Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Guage Help, somethings wrong.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Guage Help, somethings wrong.
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, I had half a tank today and I parked the car and went to the store in my moms car and then came back to my car and turned the key, started it and the guage flew up to the top. It's staying there. I don't know what the hell the problem is with it.
I replaced the fuel pump with a 190 lph a while back but I don't know why that would be the problem.
Please help me if you can.

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2slow5oh
Member # 1512

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2slow5oh  Ford pictures for 2slow5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 88 gt and i have the same problem. it always happens when i get to about half tank then it goes to Full. but when i start driving it goes back to where it was. [Confused]
Posts: 8 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In nearly all cases you can narrow it down to the sending unit or guage.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Dennis Dowell
¯
Member # 305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Dowell  Ford pictures for Dennis Dowell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 92 LX does the same thing, but only when its really hot outside. I think it may have something to do with the heat.
Dennis

Posts: 66 | From: fremont, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com