Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Have a 88 M3....would a 302 fit?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Have a 88 M3....would a 302 fit?
Rice eater
¯
Member # 1458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rice eater  Ford pictures for Rice eater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dark blue M3 with 98 interior was what my dad bought me. I wanted a cobra and got an M3. I was thinking about putting a 302 that pumps out 345 hp in it, but do u guys think it'll fit???
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about you sell it to me instead ?
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would probably be less expensive to just buy an 88 stang.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Rice eater
¯
Member # 1458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rice eater  Ford pictures for Rice eater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like stangs best but its a pretty cool car. I don't wanna have people think I'm really into imports though. Does anyone else like those old m3s?
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much money do you have? anything is possible, the only thing is the cash [Wink]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Rice eater
¯
Member # 1458

I have about 7,000 and have found a really good rot rod guy that runs an svo into the high 9's who will install the 302 for about 2 thousand.
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heres a plan.......keep the M3, buy a 5.0 for 5k or less and put 2+k into it and have the best of BOTH worlds. I once saw a Porsche 944 with a 427 in it.......cool but there are so many better things you could do!

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that M3 would probably make a good daily driver and usefull if you built a racecar mustang. But, if the engine dies in the M3 - might as well do it since a 5.0 is probably same price, if not cheaper than a new BMW engine. That would be a pretty damn sneaky swap.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would keep the m3 the way it is. there is no way anyone would call that car rice. its made for the track

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

yellow95gt
¯
Member # 1420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow95gt  Ford pictures for yellow95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say go for it if you can get a good trannny to go with it and an 8.8 rearend, things like that are cool to see, and you know that you will probably be the only one, and it is probably light as hell and is more than likely comfortable.
you might also thin of the suspension work that will need to be done, radiator, tranny, rearend, rims and tires, they will all probably play an important role in making this work

let us know what you decide

[ July 07, 2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: yellow95gt ]

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can do just about anything with enough money. One thing you might want to think of is that a 5.0L motor is probably heavier than the BMW motor, this could effect handling and braking if the 5.0L is not placed correctly in the BMW. If you are a fellow Californian you may have to think about how to do a smog check legal engine swap. If it is done right it might be a fun car. You could probably put a turbo on the BMW motor with the money you have now and get really good power. BTW- BMW guys are not ricers, just as long as they dont install top fuel dragster wings on their trunks.
Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com