Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Video: 2003 Cobra 117mph w/pulley

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Video: 2003 Cobra 117mph w/pulley
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, it's not my car. I wish. Enjoy... http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org/movies/03_Cobra_12_94.mpg

I found them from this link--> http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=55536

[ July 04, 2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: 03DOHC ]

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn now that was quick!

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm assuming that the Lightning pulley is smaller??? He sould be running low 12's w/ that mph. Can't wait to get beat by one... [Big Grin]

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that JDM says the Lightning pulley is a little smaller and worth 3lbs of boost. I don't know what that means in power though. Any ideas?
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update: He has since run a 12.28 on the factory tires.

--------------------

COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya you can change the upper blower pulley to a stock lightning pulley and that is good for 4 more pounds of boost. You can also change the lower pulley but that is only good for one pound of boost. I have done some experimenting but I will not run the different pulleys during the summertime because they create more heat in the supercharger.

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my other post, a 2003 Cobra w/an OR x-pipe, cat-back, Lightning pulley and a K&N dyno'd 461 rwhp and 454 rwtq. Not too shabby w/out a chip. I will definately be following these mods.

Later...

--------------------

03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

double post

[ July 17, 2002, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: 03DOHC ]

--------------------

03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

quote:
Originally posted by COBRyan:
ya you can change the upper blower pulley to a stock lightning pulley and that is good for 4 more pounds of boost. You can also change the lower pulley but that is only good for one pound of boost. I have done some experimenting but I will not run the different pulleys during the summertime because they create more heat in the supercharger.

Any supercharger creates more heat, that is a consequence of compressing air. The jury is still out as far as how efficient the factory intercooler is on the 2003 Cobra. I am hoping it is at least half as good as the one on the Lightning.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com