Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » nitrous question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: nitrous question
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am thinking about buying a kit but my car has a 130k on it and it pretty much stock except some suspenison and exhaust. Do you think it is wise to run nitrous w/ that kind of mileage and what kit would you recommend?

[ July 03, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: jr5.0 ]

1sicklx
¯
Member # 1018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicklx  Ford pictures for 1sicklx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id say go about a dry 100 shot 30lbs injectors,255 fuel pump you should be go to go. just used it wisely [patriot]
1sicklx
¯
Member # 1018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicklx  Ford pictures for 1sicklx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o i recomend tnt or nitrous express
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
30#ers? That seems a little extreem for such a small shot. I can honestly say you can never have too much fuel pump, but hell, you can run a 125 shot (witht everything right) on the STOCK fuel system. At the max go 24#, but even then with the mods listed, you are pushing it big time and will love that whole rich thing....good luck with whatever kit you go with, you are going to love it.....

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah dont go with a dry kit on your car.

Use the nitrous works adj plate wet kit.

Also invest in a GSS pump and a fuel pressure regulator along with some autolite 24s and a timing light

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
talk to customN2O im sure he would help, if you get a wet kit you wont need no 30# inj.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a NX mustang kit. Adjustable from 75-100-150 hp, all on a STOCK MOTOR. No upgrades are needed. I guarantee this kit to make the advertised hp, TO THE REAR WHEELS without any special tuneup. It doesnt matter how many miles are on the motor, as long as the rings are still in decent shape. Does the car smoke like a pig? Thats the only thing I would worry about. I can sell you this kit for $470 plus shipping. Probably the cheapest kit around, and like I said before, will outrun any other kit on the market!

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no it doesn't smoke, it burns a little oil here and there but nothing major. I have been deciding bewteen the zex and the nx kit but haven't quite made up my mind.
Solid Snake
¯
Member # 719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solid Snake  Ford pictures for Solid Snake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd perform a compression check on the cylinders just to be sure. Make sure that the compression is still close to spec. before putting NOS on a car. Nitrous likes tight motors. Oil and Nitrous don't mix well.

--------------------
2003 Cobra, Dark Shadow Grey
BMW Tech and MINI tech Master Tech

Posts: 153 | From: Livenomore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

hey customN20
where is the shop located?

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JR nitrous and oil dont mix well at all.

But nitrous doesnt like tight ring tolerances in motors at all.

Of course a high mileage motor is a risk with nitrous but if you keep the shot under 150 and tune it safe you really wont see many problems//DY

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right now Im in Concord, but at the end of the month will be moving to Antioch. Dont worry about tight ring gaps right now. You arent going to be using enough nitrous to worry about larger ring gaps. Oil is a problem with nitrous, so make sure you arent burning alot of it. DONT WORRY...BE HAPPY [Smile]
Call me if you have any questions.....

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Right now Im in Concord, but at the end of the month will be moving to Antioch. Dont worry about tight ring gaps right now. You arent going to be using enough nitrous to worry about larger ring gaps. Oil is a problem with nitrous, so make sure you arent burning alot of it. DONT WORRY...BE HAPPY [Smile]
Call me if you have any questions.....

[ July 05, 2002, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: customN2O ]

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com