Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I want a 95 cobra but need opinions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I want a 95 cobra but need opinions
Rice eater
¯
Member # 1458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rice eater  Ford pictures for Rice eater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is black w/ tan cloth. 62,000 miles and body looks good. The dealer says it was in a small accident where the driver hit someone else going about 5mph. Both bags went out and only the drivers has been restuffed. The front bumper was replaced and painted. The interior is in good shape but needs a few minor things and other than that I can't tell you anything. The dealer wants $8,000. What do you think???
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Salvaged title? if so RUN away...
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Rice eater
¯
Member # 1458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rice eater  Ford pictures for Rice eater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty bad ass but I'm a little worried about bigger problems that are below the paint if u know what I'm saying
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yah, but it not like the dealer is going to tell you that i was run into the side of a building at 50MPH..Oh, and air bags dont just pop out at 5mph..How does he know all this info anyways, was he the one who wrecked it ? If not, tell him to shut his hole
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you verfied that it is an actual Cobra and just didn't have badging and a bumper thrown on it? Some of the stories I have heard about dealerships trying to sell V6's/GTs as Cobras are pretty amazing.

Get the VIN#, and get an auto report online for a few bucks. It is worth it. You can also try calling 1-800-FORD-SVT with the VIN # to verfiy authenticity as well-they might be able to help you or have some suggestions.

Then (If everything looks good so far) find someone who knows their ins and outs about Cobras mechanically and have them give it a look-over before you agree on anything with the dealer (and no, I am not referring to Jiffy Lube or your local ghetto repair shop). Get everything tested that you can, and try to have the dealer pay for half of the price of the testing, etc. You can usually get the seller to go along with it if you show genuine interest in the car.

If it is a salvage, I don't think it would be a good investment. It is real hard getting full insurance coverage on a salvaged car, and a Cobra is definitely a car you want to have full coverage on. Not only that, it will start nickel and diming you to death with little repairs here and there.

Good luck! [patriot]

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the vin, take it to a body shop to have the frame checked, if it checks out ok get it.

--------------------
I miss you StoplightWarrior :(

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I second the "Airbags don't just pop out at 5mph." Something fishy is going on = )
Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I think you have to be going more than 15mph
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com