Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » WILL IT HAVE ENOUGH CRANKCASE VENTALATION?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WILL IT HAVE ENOUGH CRANKCASE VENTALATION?
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well here is the deal i am currently running a breather on my car and their is no baffle under the valve cover for clearance of the roller rockers. I get a ton of oil dripping from the breather all over valve cover, header, and even throttle body. I finnally found a breather that is shielded and it is on the way, but if this doesnt solve the problem does anyone have any suuggestions on what I could do? I dont have the tube hooked up from the tb to the valve cover either do to lots of oil being sucked up.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you seen those Stef's catchcans with the breaters on top. Some people run one of those from the pcv hole in the rear of the intake.
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the ones they have in summit? Take the pvc to that, and use no breather anywhere else at all?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you run a breather on the other side?? Also, do you have the pcv valve hooked up into the back of the intake?? Might try and run a breather right from the back of the intake. Another way you could reduce crankcase pressure is to install a crankcase evac system into the rear of the intake. you basically weld in 2 bungs into you exhaust sytem right after the collector, and install 2 one way check valves( smog pump check valves). then you plumb the check valves into you crankcase. This basically uses the negative exhaust pulses of your exhaust to draw crankcase pressure out... kinda complicated, but it does work.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah like the ones in summit. No pcv valve. Basically what Miles mentioned but you would have a can so oil wouldn't be dripping. The pcv hole is quite a bit smaller than the filler neck though. Maybe just look into some different valve covers.
O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MilesMerk:
you basically weld in 2 bungs into you exhaust sytem right after the collector.

huh, huh, he said bung

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com