Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NOS question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NOS question
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What Naawwwwsssss (LOL) kit run for a 98 Cobra that is stock? And what type of kit should I get? Any upgrades I need to do before I do get it? I have gears, exhaust, and pullies....and only wanna run like a 75-100hp shot. Give me some advise guys.

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like wet kits. For a 100 shot i would upgrade the stock intank to a 255, get some plugs around 2-3 steps cooler and gap them down if you dont have and aftermaket ignition system(MSD).Cooler thermostat(180-160) will heep the temps down and keep detonation away.. Last of all get a window switch w/ the wet kit..w/ the above stuff you "should" be able to run stock timing but be very careful..W/ the MSD DIS-4 you have a nitrous option that will retard the timing as soon as you hit the switch...
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good deal..thanks Gabe..now if I upgrade ignition (which i want too anyways) then do I have to upgrade the coil packs and all too? And who makes the wet kit you are talking about and the in tank pump? Would you go with like a Walbro..or I hear about the T-Rex all the time. Keep the Ideas coming guys..thanks again Gabe!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
W/ the DIS-4 you dont need to do the coilpacks..
As for the kit.. I used a nitrous works kit but nitrous express kit i hear is just as good...Most of the higher HP kits also come w/ a pusher pump so your taken care of there...

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im probably wrong but doesn't nitrous actually cool down your engine if so why would you worry about running a cooler thermostat for detonation?
Or do you mean to keep it cool before you actually spray?

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The NX kit will give you the most hp without any guessing, and I guarantee it! It is nothing but a bolt on to a stock motor. 75-150 hp settings. You dont need to do anything to the motor to make it work correctly. Anything you do, will just help the performance a little more. A good ignition is always good, but not required for a "stock kit".
I sell this "stock kit" for 450 plus shipping. That includes everything you need to make it work. Bottle is shipped empty though. Like I said earlier, I gaurantee this kit to outperform any other kit on the market, of the same quality. (Obviously if you buy a kit and put 300 hp jets in it, it might make a little more power). The 150 jets that come with the kit are ok for a totally stock motor as well. I am sure you will not find a kit this cheap anywhere, and I know what Im doing with setting them up, so if you have any questions about tuning, etc, I am available to help.

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey customN20 I had a few questions I sent you an email did you get it by any chance?

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, I got your email, and sent you a reply. Sorry for the delay. In the process of buying a new house, and have been really busy lately [Big Grin]
let me know what you think.

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

CustomNo2...pls check your pm's...Thankyou [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com