Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Time to dump it...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Time to dump it...
Mike
¯
Member # 59

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mike  Ford pictures for Mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,Im sick of the 4 wheeling look of my stang. Its time to drop it some. Is there any type of spring that will not require me to buy CC plates? Im not sure what brand I want to go with,so any suggestions guys?

--------------------
1998 Mystic Teal Z28 M6

Posts: 411 | From: Fremont,CA US | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Eibach sportline springs on mine. It's a pretty aggressive drop. They dropped mine aprrox. 2 1/2 inches. Then I put on Tokico shocks & struts and it raised it up about an 1/2 in. I'm in the process of dropping the front down about 1/2 to give it a more aggressive look. Good luck. I recommend Eibach.

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
Well,Im sick of the 4 wheeling look of my stang. Its time to drop it some. Is there any type of spring that will not require me to buy CC plates? Im not sure what brand I want to go with,so any suggestions guys?

I got a Pro Kit from Eibach, dropped the front 1.5" and the back dropped 1.8". Didnt have to worry about CC plates, just make sure you go back for an alignment and re-torque after about 500 miles or so! Good luck, if you wanna see what my 98 looks like then i can e-mail you pics.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'vew got eibach's on mine and I am gettng a pull to the right. Maybe it just needs to be alligned. My rear is pretty high, but I am going to lower it a little more as soon as I fix my X-pipe.

[ June 17, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: HAD A RED90GT ]

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It varies from car to car.
Of course, I have FMS C-springs...never got an alignmet (car does not pull to one side or the other), however, I will need an alignment anyways cause the inside of the tires are wearing faster than the outside (too much negative camber?).
Steeda springs will drop about 1"...thus no need for c/c plates...

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com