Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which MAF should I get??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which MAF should I get??
LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaserStang  Ford pictures for LaserStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got the K&N FIPK for my '00 GT, and I'm not sure which MAF(s) will work with the kit... Too many people have told me about the incredible improvement they've gotten with the Mass Air upgrade, and if it's cheap enough, then that will be my next upgrade... [Big Grin] So does anyone here have this particular combo/upgrade?

Thanks,
~Brian

--------------------
Laser Red 2000 Mustang GT
http://www.montereymustangs.com

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit, gears, slicks, MAF, what's next?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaserStang  Ford pictures for LaserStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After that is going to be exhaust, then a JMS Chip. [Big Grin]

~Brian

--------------------

LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Still need MAF advice... [Frown]

TTT
~Brian

--------------------

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a cl meter on mine made a world of sotp difference most dyno's show a 5-10 rwhp improvement with the meter alone

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should save a bit more and go with some gears first. Then an high flow pipe to take 4 out of those 6 cats out. Then look into some drag radials or slics. Then go with the mass air sensor and throttle body. Just my opionion.

--------------------
Support our troops!

LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Hey I met you at the Good Guy show a few Sundays back, didn't I?

Anyway, I actually am planning on those mods, however not in that order. I'm moving to the bay area, and wasn't planning on putting in gears until after I do. The slicks aren't something I can use everyday, so the cost for that right now isn't worth it to me, which is why I was gonna go with the MAF next.. The high-flow pipe I'm not too sure about, because I don't know what I want yet... [Frown] I was thinking about a catted h-pipe, but they're so damn expensive.. I kinda wanted to do the cheap stuff first... Hahah, such dilemmas! LOL...

e-dogg: Do you have the stock air intake?

Thanks,
~Brian

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah what up Brian I did meet you at good guys.

Sounds good about the gears considering you will be moving.

But a you can get a custom build high flow pipe here in Dublin for $100 thats not too expensive for u is it?

You can get a seprate set of wheels just a pair and you can get some slics or drag radials and put them on the spare set of wheels just to use at the track.

--------------------
Support our troops!

LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
But a you can get a custom build high flow pipe here in Dublin for $100 thats not too expensive for u is it?

$100? No shit?!?! Dude, hook me up! Is that for catted or off-road though?

Thanks,
~Brian

--------------------

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian-
I got the c&l maf and I love it, but it doesn't match with the stock size filter, you will need a different sized k&n peticualry the RE-0870. K&N Sells the whole kit with a heat deflector for like 289.00, which is cheaper than buying the parts individually. The kit is also easy to install, took me 20 minutes the second time. The first time I just bought the MAF and realized it didn't fit....... Also I felt a big gain in high rpm power, anywhere above 3500 it feels like it is pulling harder.

-adam cate
saleen 00-925
www.saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scotty is his name and his shop is Minute Muffler in Dublin right off Dublin Blvd. He takes 4 of the 6 cats out so that it WILL still pass smog.

--------------------
Support our troops!

LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
Scotty is his name and his shop is Minute Muffler in Dublin right off Dublin Blvd. He takes 4 of the 6 cats out so that it WILL still pass smog.

On Dublin Blvd? Sweet! My office is on that same street. I'll have to give him a call next week.. Thanks for the info!!

~Brian

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com