Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Body kits

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Body kits
ponygrl95gt
¯
Member # 471

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponygrl95gt  Ford pictures for ponygrl95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently got rear ended, and I'm looking into custom bumpers. There isn't too many out there for the 96-98 body styles that are in my price range, but yet I did find this article in MM&FF.
ABC Exclusive. Has anyone heard of this company, and has anyone out a kit on there car manufactured from them????

www.abcexclusive.com

AXE 800 rear bumper

Thanks for your input.

--------------------
1998 White Mustang GT
14.9@93.9
1995 White Mustang GT
(parts for sale)

Posts: 172 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a Xenon rear body kit (The yellow mustang 1/2 way down has one) on mine for awhile-I took it off and it had scratched the hell out of my bumper while it was on. I guess that happens normally. It isn't a total bumper, only a kit that gets bolted/taped on. What color is your car? I still have mine that I had on, you would need all the mounting stuff, etc, but you could paint it to match your new bumper. It has just been sitting out in a shed for over a year. I'll sell it to ya for REAL cheap, considering I will never use it again (I paid like $300 something for it brand new, with paint and everything, including labor on the mounting).

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackcobra98:
I had a Xenon rear body kit (The yellow mustang 1/2 way down has one) on mine for awhile-I took it off and it had scratched the hell out of my bumper while it was on. I guess that happens normally. It isn't a total bumper, only a kit that gets bolted/taped on. What color is your car? I still have mine that I had on, you would need all the mounting stuff, etc, but you could paint it to match your new bumper. It has just been sitting out in a shed for over a year. I'll sell it to ya for REAL cheap, considering I will never use it again (I paid like $300 something for it brand new, with paint and everything, including labor on the mounting).

So was the bumper good quality? My boy was thinking on getting one from them.

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey, you get what you pay for, the cheaper the cost the cheaper the look

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude, you're alive... [Razz]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a pretty good deal on it-It was from a shop that had ordered it for someone who had made a deposit, but ended up walking out on the deal. It is the only kit I have ever owned on any of my cars, but I would say that it looked pretty nice. The only thing that pissed me off about it was the scratches on my bumper that it left.

I don't know how much it would run brand new, I am imagining in the $400 range or so. I would suggest the whole body kit though, instead of just the rear. It looked kinda funny from the side, since the back of the car looked lower than the front (and yes, my car is lowered [Razz] ).

--------------------

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so how much are you saking for it if ponygrl95gt doesn't like it? Also what kind of hardware is needed?

--------------------
California Notary Public

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

quote:
Originally posted by AZTECLX:
so how much are you saking for it if ponygrl95gt doesn't like it? Also what kind of hardware is needed?

I dunno. Maybe like $75 or so. It is black, but it probably should be repainted since it has a *SLIGHT* indentation in the paint where some bitch that parks behind me nudged the back of my car when she wasn't paying attention [Mad] (It really isn't bad at all). It isn't very noticeable unless you are a perfectionist, which I am [Roll Eyes] . I can send you pictures of it if you want.

I'm no expert on the install, but I imagine for mounting hardware you would need a few bolts, a few adhesive strips for the back of the kit, and that's it. I suggest you call a body shop or something and ask them what kind of parts/labor is involved.

If you have any more questions or want pictures, let me know and I will get them for you.

Thanks,

Brad

[ June 14, 2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: blackcobra98 ]

--------------------

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

It's this one right?

http://www.abcexclusive.com/images/auto_photo/xe800ra_s.jpg

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

quote:
Originally posted by AZTECLX:
It's this one right?

http://www.abcexclusive.com/images/auto_photo/xe800ra_s.jpg

yeah, the rear lower one around the exhaust tips.

--------------------

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

cool... I'll let my boy know to see if he's still into looking to buy one. I'll let you know whats up.
[patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Cool, keep me posted.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com