Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » where to buy Max. Motorsports springs online for cheap?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: where to buy Max. Motorsports springs online for cheap?
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruBlueGT02  Ford pictures for TruBlueGT02  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided that i want to lower this 4x4 look..and everyone says that the max motorsports do just about the same as the eibachs but are cheaper in price.. Don't know if thats true or not.. If not, correct me. I also planned on buying Tokico premium shocks..is this a good combo?.. Would a coil over kit be worth the extra money?.. I mean i don't think id need to adjust my ride height at all.. Does sound kinda cool though. I do plan on doing more with the suspension, but for now all i can afford are springs and shocks.

Ive been looking around for good dealers, and was wondering if anyone knew of some reaally good online dealers..?

--------------------
[img]http://home.inreach.com/mmckague/trubluegt02.gif[/img]
------------
1-7-01: The best day of my life. Forever.

lowerd96
¯
Member # 515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowerd96  Ford pictures for lowerd96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can buy the stuff directly from maximummotorsports.com....or they have a dealer list...I don't know if you can find it cheaper else where...but check it out.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/dealer.html

--------------------
2002 F-350, Standard Cab, XLT, Power Stroke Diesel, 4x4, 6 speed....4" exhaust, 80 hp chip...

1988 Bronco, 351W, C6, 6inch lift, 36 Swamper TSL's, 35 spline 9 inch rear, disk brakes, Detroit Locker, ARB Air Locker Front, 4:10's, 8 point cage.

1981 Toyota SR5 Longbed, 22re, 5spd, Marlin Crawler Dual Cases, 4.88 high pinions w/ detroits f/r, High Steer, 5 inch Alcan's, 33 Swamper TSL's....

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
max motorsports goes with H&R springs, which are a very good racing spring but don't lower the car much. I would def. go with coil over's if u are planning on doing suspension work. if your looking for a good drop go with eibach, and i've also heard good things about steeda.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruBlueGT02  Ford pictures for TruBlueGT02  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool. Someone. was tellin me that Mustangworld had their own made springs that you can buy at their mustangworld speedshop..anyone hear anything good about those?

If not, i guess the Eibach pro-kit would fit me best. The Sportlines do go lower, but im assuming the pro-kit gives a better ride. Anyone know of any good online dealers for those?

[ June 03, 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: TruBlueGT02 ]

--------------------
------------

01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildStang:
max motorsports goes with H&R springs, which are a very good racing spring but don't lower the car much.

I just installed the H&R Sports springs on my 01 cobra coupe last week... and they dropped the body 2+" all the way around. Ride quality is surprisingly good (but firm) and car looks awesome. However, the drop is too just too much for my driveway (bottomed-out after they settled) and you can just forget about doing speed bumps, my X-pipe cats only have just under 3" of clearance.

The H&R Sports springs do drop your car a lot more then they say they will. I've heard that the Steeda's ride slightly better then the Eibach's - & I just ordered a set of the Steeda sport springs with the upgraded (spec Cobra 2000R) springs for the rear.

Anyway, just didn't want you to get the impression that the H&R's sports don't drop much - they do. The H&R race springs are just the opposite though - not much drop for the buck. Your better off with the Eibach or Steedas for that modest drop of 1 1/4 to 1 1/2".

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think houston performance has the best prices on MM stuff

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i think houston performance has the best prices on MM stuff

Better prices than the MM site it'self?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you might want to try www.fordspeed.com
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

went and got a quote from shox.com

they have some very nice prices..so i think ill stick with them.. now it just a matter of if im going to get some koni adjustables, tokico illumini's.. or juss tokico's.. depends on how cheap i wanna be ;-)

--------------------
------------

lowerd96
¯
Member # 515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowerd96  Ford pictures for lowerd96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should spend the extra $$$ and go with the coilovers. Then there is no guessing how low the car may or may not be, just a couple quick turns at each end and the car is whatever height you want it to be...Oh yeah, and if your really thinking about them, the adjustable koni's are sweet!!!!

--------------------
2002 F-350, Standard Cab, XLT, Power Stroke Diesel, 4x4, 6 speed....4" exhaust, 80 hp chip...

1988 Bronco, 351W, C6, 6inch lift, 36 Swamper TSL's, 35 spline 9 inch rear, disk brakes, Detroit Locker, ARB Air Locker Front, 4:10's, 8 point cage.

1981 Toyota SR5 Longbed, 22re, 5spd, Marlin Crawler Dual Cases, 4.88 high pinions w/ detroits f/r, High Steer, 5 inch Alcan's, 33 Swamper TSL's....

TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

i might just do that.. i think thatll be a summer project of mine then. I like it all being adjustable..because then if its not the way i like it, i just adjust it all.. Its definately worth the extra cash when i actually think about it (imagine that, me thinking). So ya i think ill be putting money into that.

--------------------
------------

TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about B+G coil-overs?..I guess im confused about this whole thing.. The coil-over system B+G sells is $1400 msrp, that means its coming in a kit right?..shocks/struts and springs?..

Are there any other good companies that make coil-over kits for a 02 stang?..I think h&r does..but i couldn't find much about them, only the kit for the ford focus and focus wagon (..haha)

shox.com also supplys b+g and if their are good, their coil-over kit seems relatively cheap..
sorry guys, im pretty new to this whole suspension thing, limited knowledge in the field..especially with companies.

--------------------
------------

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speaking of MM parts - does anyone know where I can find their subframe connectors for cheaper than on their website?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com