Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best Performance Chip?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Performance Chip?
1SLWGT
¯
Member # 926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWGT  Ford pictures for 1SLWGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking into a new Chip - I dont know who offers the best for an AODE but would a Diablo Chip from steeda be a good choice? Just wondering if any other companies make better ones for AODE.

Thnx - 1 hell of slow GT 14.5! Boooo

--------------------
"Why do they call it taking a dump when your leaving a dump?"

Posts: 32 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.racesystems.com is in the south bay and can burn you a chip to your specs...compensate for gears, firm up shifts, change shift point RPM's, turn on fans sooner, ect.
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have heard a lot of good stuff about this guy Byron and his RACE systems chips...
Anybody doing them down here in So. Cal ?

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MRBiggs:
I have heard a lot of good stuff about this guy Byron and his RACE systems chips...

Looks like the site is down:

http://www.swansonperformance.com/

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have stock heads, cam, intake and no power adder save yourself the $$$.
campindog
¯
Member # 1305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for campindog  Ford pictures for campindog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Level 10 chip set up for an AODE with 3.73 gears that I will be selling. It works well with ignition, fuel, shift firmness, unlocks the converter and raises the WOT shift points. It works good for a "seat of the pants improvement", but uses the stock shift points at part throttle. Let me know if you are interested in it.
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBiggs:

Looks like the site is down:

http://www.swansonperformance.com/

I went with a friend that had his car there getting tuned and Danny was using Autologic stuff... Or at least thats what I thought. I'll have to ask my friend.
How does the RACE stuff rank against Autologic ? Comparable ?

Shadetree - I wasn't looking to get my slow pig done. Its still stock and will probably only see minor bolt-ons. I was just wondering about these chips because I have heard so much about them and plus I'm planning on getting a LX project soon. [Smile] Thanks anyway man...

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RACE also uses AutoLogic [Smile]
MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
RACE also uses AutoLogic [Smile]

DUH!!!! [Big Grin] hahahaha !!

My bad.... I didn't know there were the same thing. hahahaha ! I'm technically challenged man !!
Thanks for not totally clownin' me man !

[ May 31, 2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: MRBiggs ]

--------------------

www.socalhorsepower.com

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call up mustang ranch in santa clara. Byron renolds (racesystems) runs out of there and i wouldnt use any other chip, that guy knows his stuff, the shop is cool too

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
if you have stock heads, cam, intake and no power adder save yourself the $$$.

But the 94-95 5.0 computer is completely crap! At least that's my reasoning.

How much does Mustangranch or Racesystems charge for chips? In particular - for stock or mostly stock 5.0's

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well they charged around 200-300 dollars for a custom burned chip. you tell them what you got and theyll burn you a chip to get the most power out of your mods. PLus the chip can be reburned to work with future mods, all this is done at mustang ranch. They chipped my 93 cobra and it did make a difference, the only mods i had at the time were mass air and cold air intake

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
well they charged around 200-300 dollars for a custom burned chip. you tell them what you got and theyll burn you a chip to get the most power out of your mods. PLus the chip can be reburned to work with future mods, all this is done at mustang ranch. They chipped my 93 cobra and it did make a difference, the only mods i had at the time were mass air and cold air intake

So after the initail burning, does it cost the same later to get a new chip burned being that you now have a chip?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:

So after the initail burning, does it cost the same later to get a new chip burned being that you now have a chip?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greenandsilver:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 93venom:
[qb]So after the initail burning, does it cost the same later to get a new chip burned being that you now have a chip?

If I remember right, it costs about $50ish for a reburn.
93venom
¯
Member # 778

yeah its right around fifty bucks for a reburn

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow95:
I have a Level 10 chip set up for an AODE with 3.73 gears that I will be selling. It works well with ignition, fuel, shift firmness, unlocks the converter and raises the WOT shift points. It works good for a "seat of the pants improvement", but uses the stock shift points at part throttle. Let me know if you are interested in it.

How much you sellin for? can it be re-burned?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Maybe I should get a chip for my 95 - even though it's pretty much stock. I'm aware that the 94-95 eec is sucky.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com