Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » She took the final SHIT today

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: She took the final SHIT today
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I was geting in the stang today and when I fired her up she then died [Mad] every time I fire her up she runs for about 2 seconds then dies [Mad]
When I unplug the MAF the car fires up and idles fine and can even be driven alil [Frown] but as soon as the MAF is pluged back in she dies [Mad]
I would say the PRO-Mpieceofshit is the problem fo sho!
Any other suggestions of thoughts on this would be great help [Confused] Does it just need to be clocked or??????

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try to run it with a buddies Pro M if you can find one.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What if it's not calibrated for 42's???

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then it wont work mang.

You need a MAF calibrated for 42s (not that hard to find) to just swap in and see how it runs.

Easy fix.

lol

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/me looks down at his pro-M for 30#'ers

uh oh... [Frown]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Shade what up with the Southsides dog?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh you still want 'em? email me, I forgot about that. heh.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Hey man I have tried but the email addy on your profile isnt working.
Email me the right addy

dstar8950@hotmail.com

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

BramellS4
¯
Member # 975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BramellS4  Ford pictures for BramellS4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just try cleaning your connections with some alcohol, and a q-tip.

--------------------
89 gt-gone
95 cobra-gone
00 audi s4...ever heard of one of those?

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 InjectedCobra:
Well I was geting in the stang today and when I fired her up she then died [Mad] every time I fire her up she runs for about 2 seconds then dies [Mad]
When I unplug the MAF the car fires up and idles fine and can even be driven alil [Frown] but as soon as the MAF is pluged back in she dies [Mad]
I would say the PRO-Mpieceofshit is the problem fo sho!
Any other suggestions of thoughts on this would be great help [Confused] Does it just need to be clocked or??????

If I had to guess, I'd think your MAF has been getting soaked with oil from your K&N filter... or some how oil is dripping down on it from your TB. Take it out, clean the elements in the sampling tube with carb cleaner and hope it works. I really doubt it'll work, it looks like you're going to have to return it and get a new MAF.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com