Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » H-Piper or X-Pipe?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: H-Piper or X-Pipe?
mistahsvtcobra
¯
Member # 894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistahsvtcobra  Ford pictures for mistahsvtcobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey what's better between those to and what brand is good but nothing to crazy i want to add
something to my car but i don't know whats recommended...anybody that knows whats good?

--------------------
Drive it like you stole it at 150
If you can' keep up stay behind

Posts: 33 | From: Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a long debated issue. I like the quality of most x pipes for Cobras--Stainless steel, nice welding etc but I do not like the low end torque loss that comes with them. My best friend has a 01 Cobra and got an X pipe for it. Big gains above 4500 rpm but we felt a little loss in the low end. It was the opposite for my h pipe on my 99. I felt a big gain on the bottom and the top. The other issue is sound. An X pipe will be quieter than the H. Also it depends on what muffler you want to use. If you have a chamberd muffler like a flowmaster, go with an H pipe and you will get that knarly Muscle car sound. X pipes work best with a straight through muffler like a borla but will not get loud until you get to the upper rpm's. Hope this all helps.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

mistahsvtcobra
¯
Member # 894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistahsvtcobra  Ford pictures for mistahsvtcobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am looking for somewhat power and sound. what brand and how much would i be looking at installed? so that i know because i don't want to get raped price wise

--------------------
Drive it like you stole it at 150
If you can' keep up stay behind

Posts: 33 | From: Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best Sound x pipe
Best Performance X pipe
Best value H pipe
You do the math???

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best sound x pipe-I think that is up for debate. Do you want to be loud and more loud, go H. If you want to be a pussycat until you step on it, go with an x. A bran new h should run 340-400 and I did the install myself. Took about an hour. An x pipe should be 400-470 depending on what you get. By the way about the best performance that is up for debate as well. Gains for both X and H are very similar even on the top end. My car runs almost 107mph in the quarter with just cold air intake and h pipe and stock gears- My h performs.

[ May 24, 2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: 9cobrasnake9 ]

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info dude, i was gonna go with an x pipe but i really want that muscle car sound and would rather have gains on both ends of the power band. i'm thinking of getting a mac h pipe how are those or do you recommend something better, money isn't an issue.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy a Dr. Gas X pipe.....and you problem is solved.....they are the best. X adds more hp....hp is what matters!!!! F**k everything else.....go for HP
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
98snaketool
¯
Member # 1294

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98snaketool  Ford pictures for 98snaketool    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my opinion the Bassani X-pipe with out cats is the best sounding. Combine it with the flowmaster two chamber and your are sounding pretty f**kin awesome. The cool thing about the X-pipe is that you can make it sing when you feel like it, so when johnny law pulls op next to you, you dont need to sweat.I got mine at houston peformance for 289.00 and the flows for 250.00. Then it was only another 120 for to istall the two. You should not get charged much more than this because the x is a bolt on and it took about thirty mins to install. Peace.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X-pipes rumble more, sound better, and gives you the gains needed to gain the big HP! Go with an X!

--------------------
Support our troops!

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just recently put a bassani x w/ cats and 2 chamber flows on my car and I love the sound. Its quiet at idle, but when you jump on it, the car roars. I've already had a few people flag me down to ask what exhaust I have because they like the sound. Just my .02 though.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bassani X, Bassani Mufflers... best sounding in my eyes.. it is pretty quiet @ Idle.. but when I hop on it..watch the hell out.. I've always been a fan of Bassani, good quality product..
Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bassani X, Bassani Mufflers... best sounding in my eyes.. it is pretty quiet @ Idle.. but when I hop on it..watch the hell out.. I've always been a fan of Bassani, good quality product..
Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by imbroken:
Bassani X, Bassani Mufflers... best sounding in my eyes..

Wow Matt, you can hear with your eyes? [Big Grin]

I would've liked to hear bassani mufflers, too bad I don't know anybody with that set up. Regardless, I like my set up. If anybody around here has bassani x-pipe and mufflers, if you're going to be at the cruise on the 8th, I'd like to hear them. Thanks

[ May 26, 2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: 95camaro ]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Bassani x is quiet compared to an h. I know I have parked my buddiesd 01 with an X and dynomax Mufflers next to my H and flows and at idle all the way up mine is way louder.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a real knarly muscle car sound and are using flowmaster chambered muflers. GO WITH A MAC PRO CHAMBER. 240$ sounds very sick. supposedly more hp than a regular off road hpipe too.

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

00R
Member # 1518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00R  Ford pictures for 00R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with bbk off road x and flowmaster 2 chamber bbk is quality
Posts: 5 | From: rochester hills, MI | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com