Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 98 Cobra Rear Bushings replacement

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 Cobra Rear Bushings replacement
SVT Team
¯
Member # 1303

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for SVT Team  Ford pictures for SVT Team    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone having problems with bushings in the rear end of your Mustang. I was told to get an aftermarket set. My car squeaks like a girl in bed with John Holmes. I was looking at Steeda stuff.
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I noticed mine doing that too, especially when going over bumps/etc.

I was thinking about Steeda too, but I'll wait to see what other people have to say. Steeda has been really pissing me off the past couple weeks, giving me the run-around about my pulleys and timing adjuster. Their support staff sucks.

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed steeda's rear bushings w/ no problems. Pretty tedious work but a good overall outcome. They are the only company that I found that you can replace this bushing yourself and dont have to have a shop press out the old and in the new bushing. I never had a sqeak and still dont but before I would go through installing another set of these I would make sure that it's that bushing making all that noise before i replaced it. Stock rubber doesn't sqeak too often.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've done the steeda's too, went with Adjustable upper control arms,and aluminum lowers.. everything is straight forward... other than drilling/burning out your stock upper bushing connected to your rear end housing... best best is to take a drill bit and hit the edges of the bushing and let the drill work its way around the entire bushing.. it should come right out after this..
Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com