Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » PCV valve question.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PCV valve question.
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running a Holley Systemax II intake with my combo and was curiouse if there is any way that i can bypass the PCV valve. The PCV valve connects to the tree that Holley supplied me with. Do i need the PCV valve? The reason im asking is because i just took off the Cold air intake and i noticed a lil puddle of oil in the T/B. Im a lil scared about pumping oil into the motor. Dosent that make the car run lean? Thanx for any help guys.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

BramellS4
¯
Member # 975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BramellS4  Ford pictures for BramellS4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you bypass it, it will be even worse because it wont vent the presure. it would happen on my friends 91 gt that was s/c. he would have too much presure in the crank case, and it would pop the valve off. what we did on his car, was made a fat ass breather, that helped alot. tell me what you find out.

--------------------
89 gt-gone
95 cobra-gone
00 audi s4...ever heard of one of those?

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im just a lil scared about pumping oil through the intake, and the puddle of oil in the T/B scared me more. Especially the way the car is running right now. She pops (from the motor) and bucks when i drive her. My X-Pipe And cats glow when the car is warmed up. Hoping that a chip will fix all this. Thanx for the reply. [Smile]

--------------------

BramellS4
¯
Member # 975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BramellS4  Ford pictures for BramellS4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats wierd, my friends 91 did all of those same things. the problem is your crank case presure, you need to find some way to drop it. do you ever blow your dipstick out?

--------------------
89 gt-gone
95 cobra-gone
00 audi s4...ever heard of one of those?

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A chip will not help the pressure in your crankcase. Save yourself some un needed cash for performance and get a fat breather in one of your valve covers.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do not disconnect the pcv valve! You wont even pass visual smog inspection without it.

Warning....if you run a breather in one of your crankases and the motors computer isnt set up for it the compession in the crankcase will drop and cause your #1 cylinder to missfire and not spark entirley.

I once had a breather on my 50 and hooked it up to a diagnostic machine and it ran better with the stock oil filler cap. With the breather it didnt have enough pressure and ran horrible.

But that was just my car so i dunno let us know what u end up doing.

--------------------
Support our troops!

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Hey guys. Thanx for the replys. I found out what was wrong with her. I installed A Fuel pressure guage and it read 30 psi. I pumped the pressure up to 38-39 and she idles much much better . she drives a hole lot better also. All thats left to do is break it in and off to the dyno she goes and see what she pulls. Thanx for the replys guys. [worship] [worship] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com