Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Adjustable clutch cable & quadrant: best brand and best price?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Adjustable clutch cable & quadrant: best brand and best price?
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah anyone have any real preference when it comes to adjustable clutch cable? I've heard that the plastic ones tend to break easily - which is no good for sure. Also, it's kind of hard to find them for 94-95 mustangs.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steeda and fortes ones have been good quality from what I've seen. Stay away from the motorsport or any other casted ones. People complain about them not fitting right. You also want a "fire wall adjustable" kind.
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v8302stangs:
Ah anyone have any real preference when it comes to adjustable clutch cable? I've heard that the plastic ones tend to break easily - which is no good for sure. Also, it's kind of hard to find them for 94-95 mustangs.

I have the BBK Adjustable..did the trick for me!!

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Silver92GT
¯
Member # 1264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver92GT  Ford pictures for Silver92GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to buy the ford motorsport cable because i could not wait for summit to send it to me. I like it and its easy to adjust. It was a pain in the ass to put on but it works great.
Posts: 20 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: May 2002  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do not go with a motorsport one. They suck. I have also tried BBK and now I have a Granatelli. I like this one and it has held up. I also reccomend that you get a firewall support. This is a little billet piece that bolts at the firewall and the cable runs through it. It eliminates the rubber boot making a nice and stiff cable with no absortion due to the boots. Mcleod makes them Im sure among others and they are not that expensive.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with STEEDA. Best stuff if you ask me...

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com