Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Brake swap: Front to rear?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake swap: Front to rear?
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah as this does sound a little odd to me, my friend claimed that he saw it done on another car (a friend of his). Basically, the guy had a 94-95 gt and upgraded the front brakes, and moved the stock front brakes to the rear to replace the old rear. Disc, caliper and everything (obviously). Well I figured it would be worth understanding if this was either A: possible or B: why it is not possible

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guess nobody konws?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not possible from what i have seen. the front is a fixed caliper design and the rear is a floating design..least it is in cobra's
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
[QB]You can do it but its not just a front to rear swap...
[QB]

What do you mean by that?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
front brakes are completely different than the rears. He may have found an aftermarket company with rear brakes equivalent in size to the fronts.

otherwise, he's throwing you a line of BS.

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
front brakes are completely different than the rears. He may have found an aftermarket company with rear brakes equivalent in size to the fronts.

otherwise, he's throwing you a line of BS.

That's what I was thinking - but wasn't sure and figured it was worth looking into just a shade,

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com