Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I'M DONE MY MOTOR IS IN AND MY CAR IS RUNING

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I'M DONE MY MOTOR IS IN AND MY CAR IS RUNING
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well afthere fighting with the damm long tubes and getting it to fit without removing the k member

I have finaly finished puttting my car back together

It sounds NNNIIIIICCCEEEEE!!!!!!! with cams and the long tubes

I'm having problems with it starting and staying on

I can get it to start if I floor it and it will stay on if I keep the gas in enough to keep my idle at 900 rpm

I think its my tuning and the 75# custome injectors I got made

I'm goin to see what byron can do to help me out
with the tuning

If I cant get a better tune from byron I guess I will have to go back to 50# injectors
Will see though

well once I get it tuned good enough to be able to drive it I will take it easy on it till the motor settles in then of to the dyno i will take it see if how close i can get to 600+rwhp hoping to pass that mark

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ May 17, 2002, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweeet bro. it should be a killer!!

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn dog seems like you got ur blood sweat and tears into tat thing! I know first hand how that goes [patriot]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 InjectedCobra:
Damn dog seems like you got ur blood sweat and tears into tat thing! I know first hand how that goes [patriot]

yea I do being the 4 time i put that motor in

but hoping this will run me some low 10's and with some good driving skills maybe a 9
but will see still have a ways to go before its ready for the track and the street races
[Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, how do you like your spe clutch??? How much hp can you stage IV clutch take, and how do you like it. Your car seems fucking sick ass.....i gotta see it. Cant wait for it to be finally done.
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Toxicity of Dank:
Hey, how do you like your spe clutch??? How much hp can you stage IV clutch take, and how do you like it. Your car seems fucking sick ass.....i gotta see it. Cant wait for it to be finally done.

I have not test drove it yet
the pedal is very hard it suppose to handle 700+ rwhp I now it might be over kill for my ride but hey why take a chance and buy a cheaper one

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by TORQUEPIMP:
sweeet bro. it should be a killer!!

yea I'm hopping it will run some really nice times hoping for low 10's will see might have to add little NOS to get 9's but will see

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn bro sweet ride,
where did you get your motor built at? also how do you like that fast track intercooler? i've been doing a little research and that seems to be the best one around for street use. any ground clearance or fitment issues? later.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! Put some miles on that thing> and lets run em'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you got your car running again bro> GREAT FEELING ISNT IT???

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yeah that would be the match i would pay to see run wiked281 vs 99ujstl congrats on your car running do the cams make that lope get some soundclips of your car im dying to hear it

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
damn bro sweet ride,
where did you get your motor built at? also how do you like that fast track intercooler? i've been doing a little research and that seems to be the best one around for street use. any ground clearance or fitment issues? later.

zinolas machine shop did the machine work he does great work

fasttrack it is really nice it allowed me to run 15 psi on stock block it works great no ground clearance problems here

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Sweet! Put some miles on that thing> and lets run em'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you got your car running again bro> GREAT FEELING ISNT IT???

yea i'm not goin to rev past 3g for now till I break it in

I'm having problems with it starting it wont start unles I floor it
Thanks to byron he helped me out he retuned my chip so that the car will idle now but he still needs to tweak it more to get it to start with out flooring it but he did a great job on my chip the car runs great now it idles
just the starting up is the issue but I can live with me flooring it to start it

IT FEELSSSSS GREAT TO HAVE IT RUNING NOW
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet bro! Finally! Take it easy this time before you get tuned!!!!!!! I'm almost broken in... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
Sweet bro! Finally! Take it easy this time before you get tuned!!!!!!! I'm almost broken in... [Big Grin]

Yeah so what ever happen to your ride chuck? I never heard anything after you had to tow it to the bay, Maybe I missed a post or two? Did you do any mods with the new motor?

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com