Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Lowering a Fox Body?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lowering a Fox Body?
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got an 89 LX 5.0 and am planning on lowering it this weekend. Are the rest of you fox body guys using a 2 in. drop or a 1.5 in. drop. I know on my 95 I put 1.5 in. springs,(because sn95's dont get along well with a 2 in. drop) but I think that it is safe to go with a 2 in. spring on a fox.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with Eibach Sportlines but lEAVE the isolators in when u put the springs in.

Check myne in my profile it has sportlines and NO isolators

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last302 - Did you know if there is any clearance problem for the cobra r's on your 95 that your going to put on - because I just put mine on today and finished my hour long test drive - with stock suspension (save for eibach sportlines) I had no bumping or clearance problems =)

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
v8302stang: I am not quite sure what you mean about your rims. I have the OEM 2000 R's with Eibach pro kit(1.5 in.) and I have no problems except for when I am in the turns hard sometimes I will get some very slight rubbing in the rear from the tires hitting the inside of the fenderwell. You have an 18x9 and I have an 18x9.5 which saves you a 1/2 in. and I also have 295/35/18 in the back. Most people (I dont know if you do), do not have a tire that wide so you should be fine.
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

sic91sleeper: I know that the sportline kit is a
1-3/4 and 2-1/4 drop. Does the 2-1/4 go on the back or front. Reason is is that these cars have a natural slope so does Eibach compensate for that? What is the reason that you want me to leave the isolators in and you took them out? Height, ride quality? Is your car the green one?

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You want to leave the isolators in so that it does not lower your car too much and rub badly. Thats what myne was doing so i put the isolators back in. It would rub all four corners with 4 people in the car and a full tank of gas....

You can check out a pic of my car in my profile...It has Sportlines with no isolators.

Check out the link its us lowering my car:
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Techsectionarticle1.html

[ May 12, 2002, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: sic91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com