Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help
erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know i want an eibach pro kit,but what kind of springs ,,,i want something with good ride quality and not adjustable,also when i lower it i know i need rack bushings ,but do i need to do anything for the driveshaft or any thing like thatalso where can i get 3.73 gears cheap prefferably motorsport,also do i need any kind of install kit with that ,,,thanks guys
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got eibach sportlines - I like em a lot - great handling in comparison to before, and nice look, though I don't think it is as low as advertised and ride quality is a bit lower

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just put my eibachs in yesterday and so far i like em a lot. I took out the isolators so the springs lowered it like a good 2". It looks real good i will have some pics up soon.

As for the gears...Rear End Specialties out of Santa Clara will do them with new FMS gears for 455, thats everything out the door and i think 355 with used FMS gears out the door.

Hope this helps
Jared

--------------------
Support our troops!

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
I just put my eibachs in yesterday and so far i like em a lot. I took out the isolators so the springs lowered it like a good 2". It looks real good i will have some pics up soon.

Hey I was wondering if you knew what needs to be done to pull the isolators off AFTER the spring has been installed. I've had mine on for like a year now and would like to ditch the isolators

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first- if you are gonna lower it and do gears, you should think about getting a new driveshft. i am assuming you have a cobra cause of your name, and my buddies lowered 98 had some problems with gears and a 2" drop. the driveshaft was smacking the bottom of the car, until he replaced it with a griggs 3" driveshft.

to pull out the isolators after you install the springs, you are gonna have to take the springs out, pull off the isolators, and put em back on.

--------------------
-Robb
Currently ridin a-
***80 Gray RX7
OLD Rides
*96 White Cobra, black int
*93 Black 5.0, black top & int
*89 White 5.0, black top & gray int

Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com