Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ??Side Exhaust??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ??Side Exhaust??
98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wzup up people... I am thinking of putting side exhaust on my 98 Gt but i don't like the way Borla sounds... I was hoping you guys could give me some better options. thanx in advance. [dance]
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my combo.
Dr. Gas X-pipe and Spintech catback. There are some wavs on my website.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 cobra wannabe:
Wzup up people... I am thinking of putting side exhaust on my 98 Gt but i don't like the way Borla sounds... I was hoping you guys could give me some better options. thanx in advance. [dance]

I have a mac offroad h with the flowmaster 2 chambers that have the inlet and outlet on the same side so I can have side exhaust. No ground effects just tip out right in front of the rear wheel. I think it sounds good...also Steeda has a pkg for side exhaust that DOES NOT give you ground effects for like 649.00....just depends on what you want it to look like.

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i really want the svo ground affects but the only kit that i have seen comes w/borla and i just don't like the sound of it. One of my friends has it and it reminds me of a [Eek!] Trans Am [Eek!] & i really would like to keep the flowmaster sound.
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 cobra wannabe:
yeah i really want the svo ground affects but the only kit that i have seen comes w/borla and i just don't like the sound of it. One of my friends has it and it reminds me of a [Eek!] Trans Am [Eek!] & i really would like to keep the flowmaster sound.

Yeah the flows do sound sweet..i am not sure which muffler is used in the Steeda kit either..but I had mine done at a Midas so I know that they can order the correct flows for ya!!! Good luck!!! [dance]

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about sub-frames? With the Borla, I don't think you can have sub-Frames.

--------------------
Webmaster

Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CDC has a kit that uses Dynomax mufflers, http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/ [Smile]

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
qb][/QUOTE]Yeah the flows do sound sweet..i am not sure which muffler is used in the Steeda kit either..but I had mine done at a Midas so I know that they can order the correct flows for ya!!! Good luck!!! [dance] [/QB][/QUOTE]

The steeda kit actually uses steeda mufflers i think...well thats what they say on the mufflers anyway

--------------------
Support our troops!

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:

The steeda kit actually uses steeda mufflers i think...well thats what they say on the mufflers anyway

Steeda doesn't make mufflers, I think Borla makes them and they put their name on them.

--------------------
Webmaster

ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ChicaneSport.com sells a side exhaust kit which boasts great sound. Also check out classicdesignconconcepts.com, they sell I think tips for sure and maybe piping without mufflers for sure. Otherwise just buy the borla kit and cut of the mufflers and sell them and put flowmaster in.
Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Unregistered
¯
Member # 786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unregistered  Ford pictures for Unregistered    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The CDC kit is a complete kit with pipes, mufflers(dynomax), tips, and side skirts.

--------------------
2001.5 Audi S4

Posts: 1785 | From: Livermore | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com