Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I need some words of wisdomw here!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some words of wisdomw here!
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have some things going on my mind and I need your apinions. here it goes!

Would a 99-02 GT with a roots blower be faster than a 99-01 Cobra? or the 03 Mach 1? the reason Im asking this is cause I trying to get new car, but cant decide what would be the best thing to do. My options are as follow.

options:

# 1: get a GT and put a roots blower on it. I dont want to go with the other blowers, cant afford rebuilt.

# 2: Waint until the Mach 1 comes out (about 6-7 months) I can not wait anymore! Ive been without a car for 2 months and I cant stand it anymore!

# 3: Just get a 94-95 GT and rebuilt the motor.

What do you guys think? any comments will be appreciated. thanks!

--------------------
Manny...

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wondering why dont you buy a 5.0 beater and wait till the Mach 1 comes out. Youll regret not waiting and getting a Mach 1.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im thinking about doing that but I dont think Ill be able to afford a car in the range of 29k-30k. Thats why Im looking for options. but , your right thou, I know I might regret it if I dont waint.

The main proble here is tha I have to get an automatic. thats why the Mach 1 would be perfect. Since is comes with a 32v motor with an auto tranny, its like having a cobra, just in auto. and thats what I allways wanted.

[ April 25, 2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Manny99GT ]

--------------------
Manny...

01Saleen146
¯
Member # 885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01Saleen146  Ford pictures for 01Saleen146    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tough call, especially without having a Mach I to physically look at/touch. I would hate to wait all that time just to be disappointed, but if you buy now and then you fall in love with the Mach I you'll be pissed off. Even though I have a 2001, I am partial to the 94-98 body style and would almost lean toward your 5.0 choice. Plus I am almost convinced that buying a brand new car is not worth the money.

The other consideration is the warranty? How important is that to you? I guess in the end I would lean toward the 94-95. Buying a new car will cost more off the bat and tie up mod money with higher payments for a longer time period (unless of course you are financially set).

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i were you i would buy a 99-00 gt and put a roots blower on it i too was interested in mach 1 but not for that price tag i regret buying a new gt paying 24,000 out the door then a 30,000$ car seems like it would take forever to pay off buy a 99gt for about 15,000$ then add a roots blower for 3500 there you go 18,500 for 360 hp

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Manny, Do you have any idea what the production numbers are going to be on the Mach 1? With it being such a comeback, if they don't make a lot of them, they probably won't sell for below 30k. The Mach 1 sounds like its going to be equivilant to a 99/01 cobra but with the fact you'll be able to get one in an automatic. I know that some dealerships aren't really willing to haggle the price on cobra's, simply for the fact that they will all sell, at what they're asking, because the production numbers are so low.

I've had my 02 GT for a lil over a month now, and I just love it. I love having a new new car. If you could find a good deal on a 99+ with low miles in an auto. I'd say go for that and put on the roots blower. I would think that they'd be pretty close to the 99/01 cobra's if not faster. Especially if you put gears on it. But that's just my opinion. Good luck with the search. [Smile]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MAnny,
The Mach 1 is going to cost around 35K out the door. Are they making the car in AT? I saw it at the Knotts how, looks sweet. If you can afford it and wait, I would buy one of those. Otherwise, I would buya 99Gt for 13K and buy a roots blower with a full exhaust. That will run about anothe $5K.
Just my .02 cents

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy use to have a 2000 with a vortec that would smoke a cobra [Big Grin]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If i were you, i would go with a $13-$15 99 GT w/blower also. The mach 1 is sweet and all but that is just a shit load of money. then you could always turn around and dress it up like one but with the money you save going with the 99 you'll smoke the mach 1. (Good Luck) [Big Grin]
Manny
¯
Member # 23

I wanna thank you guys for your opions and let you know that Ive decided to go with a GT and just add some mods to it. I think Ill be more than happy to have a car again. So in the next 2 weeks all shopping for a car, hope I can find one for a good price.

--------------------
Manny...

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94-95 5.0 + rebuilt engine + boost = funnest + less money in my opinion

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com