Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what kinde of blower should i get

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what kinde of blower should i get
whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 1998 cobra with 373 gears, bbk long tube headers, off road h-pipe, aluminum drive shaft, pullys, intake,and a short throw shifter. i was woundering what kinde of blower would be the best for my car. it is a daily driver, and i go up to the traks but not allot i would say once a month, what should i use??????????? [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You really cant go wrong with a vortech. [worship]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whitecobra:
i have a 1998 cobra with 373 gears, bbk long tube headers, off road h-pipe, aluminum drive shaft, pullys, intake,and a short throw shifter. i was woundering what kinde of blower would be the best for my car. it is a daily driver, and i go up to the traks but not allot i would say once a month, what should i use??????????? [Big Grin] [Eek!]

well it depends how much power you want to make

every one gets a vortech usually couse there lower end SC is cheaper in price that one gives you like 6-12 psi i think not sure maybe a little wich would give you about 400-450 rwhp but you would be runing that blower to the max

Me well I run a novi2000 but I love it I am using about 18psi of boost right now and still have run to grow if I want to push more psi

the problem I see is that people get the lower end vortech and they say that they will not want more BOOST that the SQ qill be enough but I yet to see any one who did not upgrade in the feature
to a bigger vortech I am not sure what the models are for vortech

I think a good one right now is procharger couse it comes with a intercooler and it cost the same as a vortech with out a intercooler

I say it denpends on your wallet how much your willing to spend

like I said me I new I would keep adding boost as time went on thats why i got me a novi wich will push 29psi I am sure ill never use all the boost it offers but I like the fact that I dont have to push the blower to the max to get the results I want
oyea and It looks crazy when I open my hood and people see the big ASS blower there like [Eek!]
DAM THATS A HUGE ASS BLOWER

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com