Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Okay. Advice time. HELP!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Okay. Advice time. HELP!
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay guys.
What is it gonna cost me to convert my T-5 car to an either C-4 or AOD??

Experience only.

Save the comments from the peanut gallery!
[Razz]

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C-4 with a good converter and a brake squeeze it like a mad man out of the whole and down the track.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I got a clean AOD core with only 34k on it. It has a nice Transgo progressive shift kit in it. I burned out the forward drive clutch while installing a B&M shift arm. So only very little will need to be replaced. I also have a brand new stock converted to go with it.
I also have a complete C-4 core W/ converter
If interested make good offer. Thanks

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks.
my $0.02, get another T5, or look for a deal on a tremec 3550/TKO
can't beat bangin' gears.
[worship] before you flame me yes I understand the advantages of an auto [Wink]

Holmes88GT
¯
Member # 1096

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Holmes88GT  Ford pictures for Holmes88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude thats sucks, again. I would just get another junkyard T-5 for now.But if you remember luke he swapped his T-5 with a built up aod the only real problem was he had to get rid of his long tube headers. everything else is there
v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wouldn't you have to lay transmission lines or some stuff like that?

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what u need:
1. New Radiator
(auto tranny cooler with lines gos to radiator)
2. Different pedal set up
3. Of course the Tranny
4. Longer driveshaft
5. New Computer i think [Roll Eyes]

I think thats it but it is a lot of work to get it done and it will be pricey.....My 2 cents is to get a TKO or check ebay for 5-spd trannys

--------------------
Support our troops!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
This is what u need:
1. New Radiator
(auto tranny cooler with lines gos to radiator)
2. Different pedal set up
3. Of course the Tranny
4. Longer driveshaft
5. New Computer i think [Roll Eyes]

I think thats it but it is a lot of work to get it done and it will be pricey.....My 2 cents is to get a TKO or check ebay for 5-spd trannys

1. B&M tranny cooler. Dont have to plumb into rad.
2. Unbolt clutch pedal and save it for later
3. New Tranny
4. Same Driveshaft
5. Same computer

Ive done tons of T-5 to AOD/C-4 and C-4/AOD to T-5 conversions.

They are not that hard at all.

What you do need is a new shifter and cable.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got two good shifters from a 91 stang and I also got two AOD shift cables thet are perfect.
I will let them go cheap too [Wink]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Oh I even got the backing plate that goes between the AOD and the block [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
[QBIve done tons of T-5 to AOD/C-4 and C-4/AOD to T-5 conversions.
QB]

Uhhhhhh, the c-4 and aod aren't the same length which is the main reason you need a new driveshaft when putting an aod in an old mustang with a c4... okay it's the ONLY reason, but i know nothing about the t-5.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Nah driveshaft fits when putting a C-4 in a late model I have done it had one in my old car.

Has nothing to do with Ted heads car though.

The FMS aluminum driveshaft is for T-5 AOD and C-4 cars from 79-93

[ April 15, 2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: PunkINa5.SLOW ]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why do you need a new drive shaft when going from a c4 to aod in an early model but you dont need one when going from an aod to a c4 in a late model?
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Trust me I have gone to a C-4 from an AOD and T-5 in a late model and the driveshaft works fine. The driveshaft is just a little longer.

I couldnt tell you about going to an AOD to a T-5 in an early car.

The yoke is the same so I cant imagine you need to change that driveshaft.

Couldnt really tell you, but I can tell Ted that he doesnt need a new driveshaft.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com